Non-political meme

jmaynard

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Maynard
This one's on LiveJournal, but I'll import it into a thread here (suitably modified, of course).

1. Stop talking about politics for a moment or two.
2. Post a reasonably-sized picture of something pleasant, such as an adorable kitten, or a fluffy white cloud, or a bottle of booze. Something that has NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS.

This picture is of my roomate with a couple of Belgians hitched to a horse trolley in December 2003.

Attachments

• paul-team-640.jpg
    paul-team-640.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 37
a lizard on a plant in Hawaii

DSC02195.JPG

The first pictures from my iPhone.

Yeah. She tracks mud in sometmes.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    730.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 8
I think y'all can figure out where this is. It was so beautiful! I am so glad I got to see it in person. India is a really fascinating place.

Attachments

• IMG_0923.JPG
    IMG_0923.JPG
    609.7 KB · Views: 30
These were the clouds we were flying above on Sunday when heading out to get my friend who was socked in by said clouds (and no instrument rating).

DSC_0002.JPG

It was perfectly VFR up here! :)

Wow Scott it would be so much prettier if it wasnt for that really big bearded guy blocking out the Taj Mahal... :devil::devil::devil:

Wee here's my calming pic. Boundary Waters just after Sept 11th 2001

1674626244_b4104673ec_b.jpg

Bacon!

Attachments

• baconflowchart_700.jpg
    baconflowchart_700.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 36

ed and his flowcharts...

A coupla fatal flaws:

1) You never have to, and don't want to, wash out the cast iron skillet you leave on the stove. You can swish it out once in while, but the old grease works just fine the next day.

2) Pancho almost never gets what I'm eating. She just likes to have eternal hope as she watches me eat it. She does follow me into the kitchen because I often throw her a cookie.

The reason my bird feeders won't stay full...

Deer.JPG

Piper-puppy.jpg

Piper, as a pup.

edit: changed to non breaking size

Last edited:
So why do the TSA agents give me a hard time??

BTW that was taken of me at a People's Liberation Army base in Communist China. I shot the AK a captured M16, and a 14.5mm anti-aircraft gun that day on the range. Completely freaked out my co-workers when I started making sight adjustments and nailing the center of the targets. I had so much fun and was a way better shot than any of them.

Attachments

• scott-ak47.JPG
    scott-ak47.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Guys, don't put those big pics inline. Leave them as thumbnail attachments.

A coupla fatal flaws:

1) You never have to, and don't want to, wash out the cast iron skillet you leave on the stove. You can swish it out once in while, but the old grease works just fine the next day.

2) Pancho almost never gets what I'm eating. She just likes to have eternal hope as she watches me eat it. She does follow me into the kitchen because I often throw her a cookie.

I don't have a cast iron skillet.
Kaiser gets all the pizza crusts he can handle, but I haven't had bacon at my house in over a year.

Non political?

Attachments

• P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 15
  • PB190017.JPG
    PB190017.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 17
My son and his buddies on an end of senior year fishing trip inshore of Ocracoke Island NC. Was a great time, we will all remember for a long time!

Gary

Attachments

• Capt Ken and Crew.JPG
    Capt Ken and Crew.JPG
    677.2 KB · Views: 8
1.) Hiking in Cuchara, CO

2.) My nephew dog, Boston

3.) Where I live, so peaceful right now. My dorm is the lower X looking tower on the right side of the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_6528.JPG
    IMG_6528.JPG
    672 KB · Views: 9
  • Photo_091208_001.jpg
    Photo_091208_001.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The reason my bird feeders won't stay full...

That's a great shot, Mari!

The deer stay around the edges of my property, I think they understand that humans with fire sticks live in houses.

My lady friend's granddaughter's smile after taking her first flying lesson.

Attachments

• 100_0713b.jpg
    100_0713b.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 20
How about a picture of Leslie Gulch? :smile: In the Eastern Oregon desert region. Bob

Attachments

• IMG_3941.jpg
    IMG_3941.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 5
The deer stay around the edges of my property, I think they understand that humans with fire sticks live in houses.
The deer around here are pretty smart too. They know that although there are plenty of humans with firesticks around here it is verboten to discharge them in the subdivision. :nono:

My cat (RIP) named Kitty. She used to own the dogs in our area including a Cho.

And my personal ninja Kage no Heishi (かげむしゃ) who watches over my car La Sombra.

Attachments

• Kitty09.jpg
    Kitty09.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Kage-background.jpg
    Kage-background.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5
Taken by my trail cam behind the house. Yes, I know the temp is inaccurate. :)

Attachments

• Misc 2008 686.jpg
    Misc 2008 686.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Misc 2008 745.jpg
    Misc 2008 745.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 14
A deer attended our fly-in at Red's horse ranch one time. :yes:

Attachments

• Deer at Reds.jpg
    Deer at Reds.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 8
The deer around here are pretty smart too. They know that although there are plenty of humans with firesticks around here it is verboten to discharge them in the subdivision. :nono:

Around here it is also prohibited, but there are enough rednecks surrounding the subdivision that can, will, and do discharge their fire sticks at the deer to keep them away from the houses.

Were it not illegal, I'd just pick one off from my porch once a year. Mmm... venison!

Would bow hunting be legal?? i.e. non firearm.

The only thing you'd have to worry about, would be the deer bleeding out in your PETA neighbor's lawn.

Would bow hunting be legal?? i.e. non firearm.
I'd put money on "no". These are only 2-3 acre lots. You can see my neighbor's house in back. My neighbor to the left of the picture is half that distance. Besides... although I have no problem eating someone else's deer, I wouldn't shoot my deer.

Back