NON-OSHKOSH-Go'ers, UNITE!!!

Next time I go will be when I'm finally a plane owner. Those of you that own planes have no excuse!(unless that plane is slower than a car)

Next time I go will be when I'm finally a plane owner. Those of you that own planes have no excuse!(unless that plane is slower than a car)

I'll be honest, when I DO go, I most likely will not fly in. that kind of madness does not appeal to me personally. being there, yes, flying in, eh, not so much.

I'll be honest, when I DO go, I most likely will not fly in. that kind of madness does not appeal to me personally. being there, yes, flying in, eh, not so much.

I'll fly your plane in for you. For a few extra bucks I'll have camp set up, a mint on the pillow and a six pack in the cooler on ice.

I'll fly your plane in for you. For a few extra bucks I'll have camp set up, a mint on the pillow and a six pack in the cooler on ice.

sheeeit, sign me up YEEEHAAAWWW!!!! (as long as it's not Zima, I'm in!)

My "excuse" is when you get a few thousand people in a defined area they turn into mindless idiots that lose complete track of their surroundings and think there's no one else around. Doesn't matter if it's a concert, amusement park, state/county fair, etc...

And now we have Pokemon Go added to the mix.

I'd go but afraid I'll contact that mosquito virus thing...:p

I was going to see if you wanted to ride with me this year but doesn't look like I will be going either. Too many little issues to address on the Venture.

My "excuse" is when you get a few thousand people in a defined area they turn into mindless idiots that lose complete track of their surroundings and think there's no one else around. Doesn't matter if it's a concert, amusement park, state/county fair, etc...

And now we have Pokemon Go added to the mix.
THAT :D

My excuse is that I am too far and have to work. :p
(no need to point out that it is only 7 hrs in my plane and that I can take vacation ;) )

Or you could be like me I'm flying in and stuck outside of osh because of the weather.

Almost seems there's always T-storms during Oshkosh. Must be summertime eh?

eh, who am I kidding, I wish I was going. it's not even like I have other plans, I aint got sht to do!
have fun y'all! feel free to post pics here that will REALLY make us ****ed off that we didn't go.

You need to make it happen some time. I was like you, wanted to go for years. Always regretted when I heard others talking about it. Then one year I made it happen. Now I wouldn't miss it for anything. My best part is waking up to the sound of a flight of warbirds taking off, then sitting outside my tent enjoying the cool morning air with a cup of coffee and looking at the planes taking off and flying overhead. No crowds. Just magic.

Packing for Saturday Morning Departure, right now. I'll be "Flying" the interstate to Madison, then off to the "Big Show" on Sunday.

Wait a minute, this is a non-Oshkosh thread and it already Godwined into an Oshkosh thread...

I am bummed every year. It is always the same weekend as the Gilroy Garlic Festival which I am heavily involved in...I have the time, I have the plane...need to see if I can get a break away one year to make it to OSH.

it's an opportunity for oshkosh-goin folks to rub it in non-oshkosh-goin folks' faces how awesome it is at oshkosh. so, kind of a thread for everyone, I guess......

We are all going to have new overalls and you won't!

The 'non-Oshkosh crowd'?? What fun is that?
We get to poke fun at those who went ... and got wet .... and dry ... and didn't get enough sleep because of the awesome Mustangs taxiing out at 6am ... and then they had sweet pancake breakfast .... and drank some coffee with other pilots ... and saw cool airplanes ... and met great folks ... and got to fly around ... and got to have fun while we are stuck at work ...

Does that answer your question?

We get to poke fun at those who went ... and got wet .... and dry ... and didn't get enough sleep because of the awesome Mustangs taxiing out at 6am ... and then they had sweet pancake breakfast .... and drank some coffee with other pilots ... and saw cool airplanes ... and met great folks ... and got to fly around ... and got to have fun while we are stuck at work ...

Does that answer your question?
And have some drunk PoA'er fall into their tent, and have another drunk PoA'er **** all over their campsite and on their tent, because the offenders are too drunk, too inconsiderate, and too self absorbed to give a **** that they are being complete dicckbags. Yeah, sounds like agreat time

Those guys are just freaking awesome in the tower.

Don't forget y'all can listen on LiveATC all week if you're jonesin'.

To be honest, I kinda cringed with the "keep it tight, keep it tight, keep it tight."

But, if you can't fly your aircraft at slow speed on the edge of its performance envelope and still keep your head on a swivel for traffic, OSH is not the place to fly into. Gotta know your aircraft and keep a good SA of your surroundings.

You forgot the part about the inebriated POA'er peeing on your tent in the dark.

No, I'm just doing a day trip, so no IPA's this time. :(

I had been planning to go and camp by my airplane. Unfortunately I have to take my wife to the hospital next Wednesday for a test on her back. She had back surgery two years ago but still having some problems. I flew down to Sun N Fun last April and had a great time camping beside my airplane. I am really going to miss going to Oshkosh but my wife comes first under the circumstances. Maybe next year....

Argh, I hate to see this story still propagating.

The FISK approach into OSH is simplicity itself, and perfectly safe. It is FAR easier and safer than most garden variety local fly ins, which are often a melee free for all with no arrival or departure procedures.

It's nothing the average private pilot cannot do. :)

The FISK approach into OSH is simplicity itself, and perfectly safe. It is FAR easier and safer than most garden variety local fly ins, which are often a melee free for all with no arrival or departure procedures.

I can assure you it has nothing to do with MY abilities... :)

I was going but a family problem developed. I usually go every two years. Hate to miss it. Will be following the posts ,hope for pictures.

:yeahthat:

Maybe too many of us who have done it are guilty of making it a death-defying legendary endeavour from the endless re-telling :biggrin:

:yeahthat:

Maybe too many of us who have done it are guilty of making it a death-defying legendary endeavour from the endless re-telling :biggrin:

Lol. Hey eman, for a few more bucks I'll compose a story for you that starts with "there I was over Fisk.............and ends with polka dots on the runway"

Back