Non-G1000 Fuel Balance Enunciator?

wheaties

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
wheaties
I got to fly an SR20 G6 the other day and one of the things it had was a fuel imbalance enunciator. Being a Cessna guy who's only ever had to set fuel to "both" I found this quite enjoyable. Sures gives a safety net above and beyond just a timer.

Is there any retrofitavionics out there which can do the same? I only know thr G500 has a timing enunciator.

I got to fly an SR20 G6 the other day and one of the things it had was a fuel imbalance enunciator. Being a Cessna guy who's only ever had to set fuel to "both" I found this quite enjoyable. Sures gives a safety net above and beyond just a timer.

Is there any retrofitavionics out there which can do the same? I only know thr G500 has a timing enunciator.

Annunciator, maybe? Or, does it talk to you to announce out of balance?

I can see a simple circuit to trigger off the delta in fuel level signals... but convincing someone it's a minor mod is tricky... as is finding a FSDO guy not afraid of little wires. Both paths exist, however.

Not aware of who might have a certified widget. Or, you could talk Marc at JPI into adding the feature to the next software release!

Paul

Back