Non-aviation question for the Apple crowd

foka4

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Matt Scudwalker
What's the best personal accounting software for the Mac? I've heard that the Mac version of Quicken is pretty buggy (not that it's particularly good in Windows).

M

What's the best personal accounting software for the Mac? I've heard that the Mac version of Quicken is pretty buggy (not that it's particularly good in Windows).

Hmmm. :dunno:

I haven't used Quicken in years, and I don't think I would again.

I would, however, think about using QuickBooks - It's kind of oriented towards business, but it's really just a "real" accounting package which happens to be easy to use. Plus, a "new user edition" comes free on every new Mac. You have to register it by the 30th time you run it, but when I did it was free. :yes:

Of course, you could always go to http://www.versiontracker.com/ and search for other packages. I know there's some decent ones out there, even some that are shareware.

That's kind of surprising for Quicken. I've been using it almost from the beginning with the first ten years on Macs.

For the PCs, they have trial versions that are a fully-functioning version of paid software. I'm sure they have one for the Mac as well. That would be worth looking at for a couple weeks.

Back