Noisy Restaurants Make More Money

News of the stupid. Restaurants that are noisy are so because they're full of paying customers. Quiet restaurants usually don't have anybody in them, that why they're quiet. Restaurants full of paying customers make more money than dead ones. And someone felt they needed a headline.
Nonsense, I go to plenty of places that require a reservation and they don't sound like the ball game. And the diners aren't wearing wife beaters and gym shorts.

Some places it is 60, some 65 and other places have differing ages. All I know is at age 58 a lot of places give me the senior discount without even asking...

One restaurant gave me the menu and gave my wife a placemat and crayons......

Out shopping one time and we met one of my wife's students. The little girl looked at me and asked my wife.... "Is that your Grandpa.???" :eek2::lol::lol:
Cradle robber!

Have a local Asian place (3 locations).
Rooms were sectioned off by walls. The booths each had very tall walls between them. Always full of customers as the food is excellent and really reasonably priced.
Very quiet and mostly private, except straight across from you...but that wasn't an issue because no one had to talk loud.
Owner said he was doing some remodeling.
Went back, and at all locations, it's changed to pretty much one big room with shoulder height booths/tables. Loud as heck now.
Also too cold now (so the ladies say), and moderately loud Asian techno music thumping away.
Can hear the kitchen, cooks, serving staff on the phone, etc.

Now, if I want some of their delicious food, I just hit the drive through. What a shame.
It was a great place to sit 5 or 6 people and have good relaxed conversation. We would order a bunch of food, and even just stuff to try out, and laugh at some of the faces while they ate eel or other odd dishes.
And although they are still getting a little bit of my business, it's far less as I don't load up the fam and go there.... Just grab some take out for 1 or 2 of us.

Most of the original serving staff have left also, and I was seeing new faces weekly. It's almost getting that big chain feel. That's also a shame, as the original staff were excellent.

I asked the owner why he changed it. His reply was so that the serving staff could see the customers better.
Didn't know how to take that.
More customer focused? = Somewhat better service.
Less customer focused? = Just easier on serving staff, louder/less private for customers.
More money focused? = more tables/booths and quicker service for faster 'turnover' time.

I offered the suggestion of small LED lights or something to alert the serving staff. He said that wasn't a bad idea. Too late now though...and it would have been much cheaper than total remodel, and kept the good atmosphere.
But, it's his business and I'm sure he's still making money. I'm pretty sure he pulled up in a Lamborghini a while back. Didn't see it, but a bunch of staff and customers were talking about it when we were walking out.
Sad for us though.. We looked forward to going there regularly. Way too much actually lol.

Back