Noisy airplanes

I doubt that Anna Eshoo's office would give a rat's patooty what I think one way or the other.

Actually, she's been involved in the several field reuse proposals going around now. Never underestimate the power of an elected official to affect operations at a Federal site, even if it's a different branch.

I know you meant what you said. I'm just attempting to get your comment where it might do some good.

If Lycoming and And Continental flying overhead sound like music, this is the full orchestra.

Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone

The Wright R-3350 Duplex-Cyclone was one of the most powerful radial aircraft engines produced in the United States. It was a twin row, supercharged, air-cooled, radial engine with 18 cylinders. Power ranged from 2,200 to over 3,700 hp (1,640 to 2,760 kW), depending on the model. Developed before World War II, the R-3350's design required a long time to mature before finally being used to power the Boeing B-29 Superfortress. After the war, the engine had matured sufficiently to become a major civilian airliner design, notably in its Turbo-Compound forms. The engine is now commonly used on Hawker Sea Fury and Grumman F8F Bearcat Unlimited Class Racers at the Reno Air Races.

-John

Back