Nobody knows....

Stingray Don

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Stingray Don
“Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen. Nobody knows my sorrow.”

It is a beautiful day, and my plane is in annual. Oh, the humanity!

Last edited:
Could be worse. You could live in Indiana....oh wait. :D

Could be worse. You could live in Indiana....oh wait. :D
Does that go for French Lick Indiana? We are flying there soon.

When people ask why, I just say I like the name.

You need to employ the buddy system. I know, that would necessitate being nice enough to someone to be buddies, but beyond that, stagger your annuals and then you can share planes during annuals and never be ground bound.

Just don't call them your "annual buddy". Wouldn't want someone dropping a couple of letters on you.

Does that go for French Lick Indiana? We are flying there soon.

When people ask why, I just say I like the name.

Gonna go take a pic of Larry Bird's house?

My plane has been down 2 weeks awaiting a rebuilt MP-FF gauge (shipping, diagnosis, repair). Saved $500 vs an off the shelf exchange.

Annual starts in 2 more weeks...I told them to just start on the annual now!

I was in the middle of IFR training, just starting on approaches. I think I’m gonna forget how to fly...

I flew again today.
I'm sorry. That was just cruel.
Yes, it was.

I went to the airport last Sunday to go for a ride - right main was flat. Again. Probably the original tube - last time it was just a pinhole for no apparent reason other than age.
New tires arrived today (the originals are pretty thin...), still waiting for the tubes. And I gotta go to work anyhow. Saturday? With luck... Wait. This is 2020. No luck this year. Who knows when the tubes will show up.

Only got about 110 hours so far this year. About 75% of that in the Warrior II. The Sierra went in for annual and panel upgrade 30 April and we have not seen it since. :(

You could have waited until end of July, thus getting 13 months out of the annual, keep doing that until you get to a month (January?) that’s a time of year you’re unlikely to fly.

If it's any consolation, it was pretty turbulent, and a good, stiff 90 degree crosswind.
But I flew again today.
Sorry.

I drove past the airport and hanger today. Doctoring with wife and physical therapy for her.
Stopped on the way home to say Hi.
Gonna be a long summer.

Cry me a river. My plane was in the shop from mid March to July 1 while the avionics shop tried to get employee to come in and work on it amid Covid. Well, at least that's the story the shop gave us.

Back