No Traffic showing on GMX 200

nickmatic

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Nickmatic
Not sure if this is a connection problem or a setting I just can't find anywhere.

I have a GNS 480 GPS, GTX 33 transponder with TIS, and a GMX 200 MFD.

The TIS information and traffic alerts show up on the GNS 480. I get the audio TRAFFIC alert as well, so the TIS system is functioning properly.

BUT, the traffic alerts do not pop up on the GMX 200 MFD. When I manually select traffic mode, I get "TIS not available" on the screen. There is also a yellow TRAF warning on the left side of the display on most screens, which the manual says means "No traffic information is received from the optional traffic sensor. Traffic will not be displayed."

Just bought the plane recently... previous owner says it was working for him. Question is, what do you all think went wrong? Something disconnected during the avionics reprogramming or is there a setting somewhere in the GPS or MFD?

Any advice appreciated!

Try consulting with the GNS 480 group on yahoo. You can seek them out in the groups section on the Yahoo! website. They are experts in all things GNS480 and extremely well versed in GMX200 knowledge.

Try consulting with the GNS 480 group on yahoo. You can seek them out in the groups section on the Yahoo! website. They are experts in all things GNS480 and extremely well versed in GMX200 knowledge.

I never imagined such a thing existed. Great tip, thanks!

Back