no spare for broken trimswitch

skykay

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
skykay
Hi, I have a M20J 1995 which has a broken trimswitch and a kfc150 autopilot. According to honeywell the switch is not produced any more and there are no spares. Do I have to buy a new autopilot in order to get a new trimswitch or are there somewhere any left? Thanks

Attachments

• 20180903_120022.jpg
    20180903_120022.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 56
Yeah, looks like the housing. Have someone scan and print one for you.

Mooney might even have a print (part drawing) for it which would give you and exact part if have the right friends.

Last edited:
I’d stop trimming with your feet too...but make me think what your doing that you need to trim with the feet???:fingerwag:

I also have a Mooney with a KFC 150. I replaced the trim switch several years ago, and it was $800. I got the old one back from the avionics shop and took it apart, and it's made of three microswitches and three pusher arms. I looked up the part number and found that the parts can be had online for about $40.

I also have a Mooney with a KFC 150. I replaced the trim switch several years ago, and it was $800. I got the old one back from the avionics shop and took it apart, and it's made of three microswitches and three pusher arms. I looked up the part number and found that the parts can be had online for about $40.

Correct you are. I did one of these a few years ago and bought the micro-switches and soldered them together. New trim switch.

If you have solder ability go this route. A new switch would be the same thing less the thumb buttons.

Back