No pilot insurance after 79?

jimwomble

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
jimw
According to a aircraft insurance expert on the EAA webinars insurance companies will not renew policies on pilots older than 79. Anybody older than 79 still have insurance to refute this claim?

According to a aircraft insurance expert on the EAA webinars insurance companies will not renew policies on pilots older than 79. Anybody older than 79 still have insurance to refute this claim?

I am surprised they will insure anyone not able to pass a 3rd class medical.

Wonder if the insurance companies are guessing or if they have data? Aren't most plane owners over 79?:lol:

The owner of the aircraft I take of is in his 80's. Avemco keeps renewing us, and he hasn't flown the plane in years. When I quoted new policies most companies wouldn't take us because of his age.

My DPE two years ago was 85. Sharper than a tack. Was a flight engineer on WWII bombers and test pilot for Navion.

I had a babysitter pilot when I bought my Citation, he was in his mid 70's, the insurance company wouldn't let him fly single pilot? He had 3000+ hours in Citations, but it was based on his age, not his experience.:nono:

Back