No one is talking about Mr pudding pop

Here ya go: Because the indictment was based on a deposition that Dr. Huxtable gave solely due to a "deal" with the previous prosecutor (and that prosecutor testified to this matter) Cosby has a very good chance at a successful appeal. Such deals happen all the time, and many, if not most, are not in the form of a written deal. In this case the deal was made so that Constand could sue and collect a settlement (of somewhat over two million bucks, I think.) The new prosecutor puffed himself up and went after the good doctor anyway.
That being said, he's scum that should rot in jail.

I didn't read much about this on purpose. The headlines were enough for me, although after reading Kenny's post it makes it more interesting.

He didn't sink just his own battleship. He sunk the income of everyone else who was getting regular royalty checks from syndication.

I guess he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Funny guy, incredibly talented. Although my wife was involved in setting up an appearance for him several years ago and I was disappointed when I learned of all the things he had to have (in addition to his fee) just to show up. It was crazy, stupid stuff. But it was a good show and everyone had a great time.

If I was king for a day though it wouldn't be legal for prosecutors to be middlemen for financial deals to avoid prosecution. It's either a crime or it's not. And prosecution of criminals is to protect the public at large...not to be used as leverage to enrich one person.

He didn't sink just his own battleship. He sunk the income of everyone else who was getting regular royalty checks from syndication.

Agreed! Every one of those people can forget about any royalty checks because I bet every network out there is going to drop his show. No advertiser or network will want to touch it.

Back