No More Renting!!

farky

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
farky
Flew home this afternoon in my plane...weird to say that!

Bought a 1975 Citabria GCAA......went with a CFI to pick it up, flew 3.5 hours back to his home airport, spent the next day there doing take offs and landings all day, then flew 3 hours back home. Had 11 hrs dual before I headed home...5 solo as of now. Havin a hoot with that wheel on the proper end of the plane!

1080 SMOH , new metal spar wings from ACA in 2003 Always been hangared....hope it's a good one!

Have wheel pants for it but thought I'd better get a few landings under my belt before I put them on!

Attachments

• 20180209_164619.jpg
    20180209_164619.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 20180209_164632.jpg
    20180209_164632.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Congrats!!!!!! I LOVE Citabrias. Best two place plane IMO.

Congrats! But.....we're gonna need some pics now.

Congrats!

And you got sure got a proper plane too :)

Congrats!!! Got my tail wheel endorsement in a Citabria. I’ll have to check my logbook, but I think it was a KCAB model. Fun and honest airplane to fly.

I agre.....need pics!!!

I can't figure out how to post pics :(

I can't figure out how to post pics :(

At the bottom right, next to the highlighted "Post Reply" is a button to "Upload a File". Use that to upload stored pictures on your computer and then follow the instructions as to whether to attach them full size or thumbnails.

For new airplane owners one full size picture is mandatory. You're offside with this crowd until that happens. And it's okay if you accidently post that picture upside down. After all you own a Citabria! :thumbsup:

At the bottom right, next to the highlighted "Post Reply" is a button to "Upload a File". Use that to upload stored pictures on your computer and then follow the instructions as to whether to attach them full size or thumbnails.

For new airplane owners one full size picture is mandatory. You're offside with this crowd until that happens. And it's okay if you accidently post that picture upside down. After all you own a Citabria! :thumbsup:

Thanks....I looked right at that button but missed it.

Haven't gone upside down yet but might have to!

Flew home this afternoon in my plane...weird to say that!

Bought a 1975 Citabria GCAA......went with a CFI to pick it up, flew 3.5 hours back to his home airport, spent the next day there doing take offs and landings all day, then flew 3 hours back home. Had 11 hrs dual before I headed home...5 solo as of now. Havin a hoot with that wheel on the proper end of the plane!

1080 SMOH , new metal spar wings from ACA in 2003 Always been hangared....hope it's a good one!

Have wheel pants for it but thought I'd better get a few landings under my belt before I put them on!
CONGRATS!!! Nice looking plane!

All the best - wishing you good flying and low-cost annuals!

Excellent!

I’ve owned two over the years - a 1976 7ECA and a 1966 7GCBC.

Your color scheme is very close to how my 7ECA was painted:

32584748373_2fc2caa150_z.jpg

Mine was N53983. I wonder if their N numbers were sequential.

Wonderful, honest planes. A pleasure to fly and just challenging enough to land* to keep life interesting.

Enjoy!

*Relatively easy to land for a taildragger, but typical taildragger caution is still wise.

Last edited:
Woot! Love it! I wish you many exciting times going forward. :cheers:

Dont do that! Put some big ol' tires on it and go be a bush pilot! :)

Congrats. Great little airplanes. I learned to fly in a 7KCAB. That's a pretty one.

Thanks guys! Having a blast so far

I bought mine, and it immediately went down for maintenance/avionics and upgrades. I get i back this week and cant wait!

Congratulations again. You will have a great time with that machine.
Scott

Pretty looking airplane. Congratulations!

I got my TW in a Citabria...then I bought a Taylorcraft, which was easy by comparison.

Back