NO MORE Plane Toys . . . . .

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
. . . . . this year. I just received an e-mail that "it" was shipped on October 07 via FedEx.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08090902sonyalpha900.asp

I'm surprised. Though I had the Pre-Order registered, the toy was scheduled for national release on October 30. Perhaps because of my serous complaints about getting into my SonyStyle.com Account -- my Login was repeatedly denied(??????????) -- they may have bumped-up my ship date.

HR

The DSLR-A900 body will be available in November for about $3,000 along with related accessories.
A little more serious of a camera than I think I need! Looks nice, though. You'll need to give a review. Sure Beth, Brook and others would be interested!

A little more serious of a camera than I think I need! Looks nice, though. You'll need to give a review. Sure Beth, Brook and others would be interested!

I've owned the Sony A100 body for almost two years. It was somewhat of a no-brainer purchase because I've been steeped in top-of-line Minolta Maxxum
35mm(and about a dozen upscale lenses) for years. To have replaced all the Maxxum compatible lenses with Nikon or Canon counterparts would have been very expensive. Sony having bought the camera division of Minolta and release of the Sony A100(Minolta 5D digital camera redesigned) -- with Maxxum lenses right back to 1985 fully compatible -- the no-brainer factor.

The A900 is a mega step-up, following the A700 which I only observed while awaiting the full-frame 24 x 36 version.

HR

Last edited:
Back