No more M/S Flight Simulator...

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
It appears the Microsoft has shut down the ACES facility which was responsible for among other things Flight Sim development and laid off everyone immediately except for a small core team that will handle the shutdown for the next 2 months.

This is sad, but I bet that they're finding other things for the real core guys to do. Once the economy bounces back, I expect that MS will start up the games again. If not, somebody else will.

This is sad, but I bet that they're finding other things for the real core guys to do. Once the economy bounces back, I expect that MS will start up the games again. If not, somebody else will.

The clear indications are that they are closing down the group completely and not retaining anyone beyond the next two months. These folks were responsible for all the game products from M/S. What's particularly puzzling is that it's been reported that FSim was selling better than ever.

That's too bad. I remember how strong our economy was as a child--and now that I finally get a shot at it--the damn thing is toast. Hopefully it comes back :) Really doesn't matter though I guess, always money to be made somewhere..

That's too bad. I remember how strong our economy was as a child--and now that I finally get a shot at it--the damn thing is toast. Hopefully it comes back :) Really doesn't matter though I guess, always money to be made somewhere..
Don't worry Jesse. The economy will go up and down multiple times before you are <cough> my age. :)

thank you mr sunshine (>-{

The clear indications are that they are closing down the group completely and not retaining anyone beyond the next two months. These folks were responsible for all the game products from M/S. What's particularly puzzling is that it's been reported that FSim was selling better than ever.

I hate it when a big company buys a smaller company and subsequently kills the product.

Don't worry Jesse. The economy will go up and down multiple times before you are <cough> my age. :)

Jesse, just think how 15-20 years from now you'll be able to sound like a crazy old man when you point out the fallacy to the common wisdom that "everybody knows" real estate values and the stock market never go down.

No worries mate! I remember bemoaning the crash of '87, thinking the good times had passed before I got a decent kick at the can. What came after the late '80s made the mid '80s look like the 30's. If you can follow that...

Remember. Business cycle. Patience, grasshopper.

Back