No more Grand Canyon VFR Chart?

Just a Heads Up about flying the Canyon:
In 2014 I flew the length of the Grand Canyon from Lake Mead to KGCN. We followed the river at 8500 while staying out of the restricted areas. I had my 2001 Grand Canyon VFR chart out and started calling out my locations on the radio. The problem I had was the other planes in the area were calling out their location using shorthand terms like “I’m at South face of flat rock” I looked all over the chart and could not find it. I assume most of the aircraft calling out their location are tourist flights and they have done this route so much that the locals have their own terms for different spots along the canyon.

I noticed the same thing when I was there. The chart just says you need to monitor the frequencies, so I just monitored and kept my eyes outside and figured I'd speak up if I thought there was going to be a conflict. I was there in December/January so there wasn't much traffic other than the air tours. As someone else mentioned, the tour operators were operating lower than I was so there really wasn't much concern for conflicts.

Back