no more beautiful words than these

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
"Dear Wireless Frontier Customer: Due to the high number of complaints from our customers, we have discontinued outsourcing our technical support to the support center overseas. All technical support is now being done locally. Our toll free number is....."

:)

Let'sgoflying! said:
"Dear Wireless Frontier Customer: Due to the high number of complaints from our customers, we have discontinued outsourcing our technical support to the support center overseas. All technical support is now being done locally. Our toll free number is....."

holy crap! Thats awesome. We gotta push some more for other companies to do the same.

Possible downside tho: Prices will surely go up.

Let'sgoflying! said:

I was on the phone two different days with Verizon wireless tech support regarding their VZ access and my connection speeds. Got bumped up to the next support level, whatever that means. Both employees I spoke with were in Texas. Monica was in Houston (her dad is a pilot for the majors and her granddad flies too :) ) and Sayeed was in Dallas.

Let'sgoflying! said:

Ah, so now you'll get a minimum-wage call center employee who's evaluated on how fast he/she can dispose of your call.

Hopefully they'll at least speak the language.

woodstock said:
super! wonder how we can get others to do the same.

Buy services from the companies who do it, even if they are not the cheapest source. Plus you get to feel good that your extra $$ are going to employ Americans instead of having to give them $$ through your taxes.

Missa

Dell made a similar announcement a few years back - that they were bringing the consumer level support back onshore - but evidently backed off and kept the call center in Bangalore. When they compare the costs, it's soooooo...hard....to bring it back. S'OK. We'll just get new customers.

Carol said:
and Sayeed was in Dallas.

Wow! That's a tough one to fake.

When I get a fairly good english but not quite right voice they use the 'we're neighbors' routine such as "Hey I live in Denver and we're in the same state." Then I proceed to discuss how Pikes Peak is on the NE side of Denver and wish it was closer to COS...and they agree with my point of view. Oops. Then they get a basic geography lesson and usually humbly admit they're in India or Pakistan or where ever the cheapest labor currently is coming from. Don't lie to me, just tell me you're in a stone hut in the a mountain valley somewhere in Pakistan.

<----- recently outsourced to India and Taiwan but it's the american way

fgcason said:
Wow! That's a tough one to fake.

When I get a fairly good english but not quite right voice they use the 'we're neighbors' routine such as "Hey I live in Denver and we're in the same state." Then I proceed to discuss how Pikes Peak is on the NE side of Denver and wish it was closer to COS...and they agree with my point of view. Oops. Then they get a basic geography lesson and usually humbly admit they're in India or Pakistan or where ever the cheapest labor currently is coming from. Don't lie to me, just tell me you're in a stone hut in the a mountain valley somewhere in Pakistan.

<----- recently outsourced to India and Taiwan but it's the american way

LOL - this reminds me of when we had "mystery callers" at Comcast. They'd call to make sure that we were offering some stupid product or another that our customers didn't want (as was obvious by its lack of success). The deal was "Every call, offer xxx product, regardless of why they call." Since I take only local calls, I'd trick them, since the mystery callers worked in Philadelphia.

Calls like "what's my balance," and nothing else, would be met with me saying "wasn't that snow crazy last night? Snow!! In Albuquerque....in April!!"

If they went along, they were not from here. If they called me out, I'd tell them something like "just checking to see if you were listening," and give a little laugh.

Comcast paid us $50 each time a mystery caller caught us trying to sell. :D

I can pretty much count on my job being outsourced to China within 6 months to a year.

sucks..but not much you can do

Here is a cross post copy of an email I sent to Bendix King as I tried to update my GPS database today. It is infuriating to get a "robot" who only know the script. When I told her my login was in caps she had no idea what I was talking about. Finally I said "upper case" and she understood. What a pain...

To Bendix King:

I have just spent an hour trying to get a database for my GPS. I’ve been downloading updates for several years and have never had a problem. Then today.

After spending half an hour trying to figure out why my login and password didn’t work, I called your Kansas customer service department. They told me something about a migration and connected me to some Bendix/King rep with a foreign accent. We spent another 20+ minutes “migrating” to something. After all this, I STILL can not download a database. I was told “Try again in an hour and it should work”. What about downloading a database? I need a current update!

If you are canceling or changing your login, why wasn’t I notified before I needed an update? Why couldn’t your rep that spoke understandable English help me with this “migration”? Why can’t I simply download my database as I’ve done for the past 4-5 years?

Back