No more 9/27 at O'Hare

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
A final departure call will be made late Wednesday evening for one of O'Hare International Airport's workhorse runways.

The runway, known as 9 Right/27 Left, isn't going away. But it will have a new name -- runway 10/28 -- by the first flight on Thursday morning, according to the Chicago Department of Aviation.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-runways_04jul04,1,132340.story?coll=chi-news-hed

I wonder how many flibs will show up with old approach platea and obsolete runway diagrams. ;)

"Is this really O'Hare? I expected 27 left."

An AA pilot friend of mine suggested the change was more due to the impending addition of a new rwy than for magnetic variance.

An AA pilot friend of mine suggested the change was more due to the impending addition of a new rwy than for magnetic variance.

Yep. That's what the article says. :rolleyes:

Now you can add a UAL friend to that.

It has absolutely nothing to do with variation and everything to do with the fact that they are building two new parallel runways there.

This is going to cause a bit of confusion for a few days.

Back