No Flying Today - Airport Closed

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Embraer Phenom 100 landed, brakes malfunctioned, right main went off edge of runway and sunked. Heck of a time trying to get it out. Just left airport, happened about 3 hours ago. Owner/pilot left for his business or whatever, leaving poor Co Pilot to deal with it, and the FAA Inspector.

IMG_3992.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

Dunno, there were enough "Chiefs" out there. I stayed away.

That was my first thought. I don't think we had that many vehicles on our airfield when a regional jet evacuated on the runway.

That was my first thought. I don't think we had that many vehicles on our airfield when a regional jet evacuated on the runway.

It’s a Friday and everyone with a title even semi-related to anything to do with the airport or ARFF wanted an excuse to get out of the office.

Good thing they didn’t run out of G-cars! LOL.

It’s a Friday and everyone with a title even semi-related to anything to do with the airport or ARFF wanted an excuse to get out of the office.

Good thing they didn’t run out of G-cars! LOL.

Not G cars Nate. Just locally based pilots and a couple of County employees trying to figure it out. County runs the airport.

Not G cars Nate. Just locally based pilots and a couple of County employees trying to figure it out. County runs the airport.

Ahh. I zoomed in a bit and see they’re mostly personal cars.

County runs our place too but they wouldn’t let anyone take POVs out there into a controlled environment, that’s for sure, so my assumption on the tiny screen was FD and G-cars since that’s all one will see around here anywhere near a runway.

Ahh. I zoomed in a bit and see they’re mostly personal cars.

County runs our place too but they wouldn’t let anyone take POVs out there into a controlled environment, that’s for sure, so my assumption on the tiny screen was FD and G-cars since that’s all one will see around here anywhere near a runway.

Yeah pretty laid back here. IMO too many have access to drive inside the airport fence. But not my call.

Yeah pretty laid back here. IMO too many have access to drive inside the airport fence. But not my call.

Driving inside the fence and on the non movement area is one thing but driving on taxiways and runways is quite another thing.

Driving inside the fence and on the non movement area is one thing but driving on taxiways and runways is quite another thing.

Airport is land locked,between I-65 and a swamp just to the west. Pilots who lease hangars use the taxiway to get between the entrance gates and their hangar, via the taxiway. They're good about giving way to taxing airplanes, so far lol. Never see anyone on the runway with a personal vehicle.

image.png

Last edited:
Am
Embraer Phenom 100 landed, brakes malfunctioned, right main went off edge of runway and sunked. Heck of a time trying to get it out. Just left airport, happened about 3 hours ago. Owner/pilot left for his business or whatever, leaving poor Co Pilot to deal with it, and the FAA Inspector.

View attachment 66150

View attachment 66151
Amazing how when someone screws up it’s always a aircraft malfunction.

Idk if any of you have seen Trent palmers low and slow to Oshkosh YouTube videos but in one a carbon cub got a tire stuck in mud. 4 guys hung off the wing strut on the unstuck side as he applied full power and pulled out of it. You should try that on the Phenom.

You should try that on the Phenom.

Nah. I was enjoying the show from inside the air conditioned lobby. Enough chiefs were already out there. Then I had to leave, but do hope it's out of there before dark. Hate to see someone land at night and plow into it.

Make big fire.

We can drive on the ramp. $20 a year for the fancy non-contact gate opening anti-terrorism badge and proof of a million dollars in liability coverage for the vehicle insurance. Which wouldn’t even start to pay for the jet you ran into while texting. But whatever... LOL.

Back