No Cleveland, went to Penn Yan instead...

eMKay

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
eMKay
Had to fly a little lower than I like, 3500msl. Clouds were around 3500 AGL so we had to duck a few times to maintain VFR. My wife forgot the man door in the hangar has a sill on it and she tripped and fell. She's 8 months pregnant (32nd week). She scraped her knee and banged her elbow, but is otherwise ok. She does not like the 140 at all, prefers the 172. That's too bad because I love the 140, but that's what I love about the club, we have choices.

All credit for the pics go to the wife, she took them all.

85070f5a.jpg

Finger lakes also no or very little ice. This "winter" has been crazy

8736e564.jpg

Hey look, ICE!!!

2d685b14.jpg

At least the skiers have snow...barely. My wife can't ski this year so we are not too upset the skiing sucks

3dc099a5.jpg

07f29c5b.jpg

7e99c976.jpg

296d23a4.jpg

2849cd33.jpg

Penn Yan, runway 1

87f43795.jpg

9ad6cbae.jpg

37286c86.jpg

Back home

f3e7f032.jpg

Wow gorgeous pics, thanks for posting these. I hope your wife is ok.

Looks like a fun trip. I hope the wife is ok. I spent the day working on my Cherokee 140 today, hoping to get the annual insp. completed soon.

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them. The weather was great here in Georgia too. I had an awesome flight this afternoon too, but no pictures.

Flew in the pattern at Penn Yan today also....my home base. 10 minutes from home :D. Great area for any of you folks to fly in and visit.

picture.php

Small world....I did some pattern work this afternoon at Penn Yan. It's my home base and only 10 minutes from the house. Great scenic area for you folks to fly in and visit!!

Nice shots. What's the method for inserting the images rather than the usual thumbnail attachments?

HR

I've been to PEO a few times, including just a few weeks ago. Nice little airport, and nice pilot lounge, although there was usually never anyone around when I was there - except for the July 4 fly-in, when everyone from 10 counties around seems to show up!

Nice shots. What's the method for inserting the images rather than the usual thumbnail attachments?

HR
Not to speak for the OP, but he's hosting the images on photobucket.com and linking to them.

Great pictures! Western New York is beautiful country, I wish I could have seen more of it on my trip there last month.

Instead of Cleveland I flew to KFPK today and then to KAZO for dinner. I really need to get my camera fixed so I can take some pictures. Today was as beautiful as it ever gets in Michigan in winter... no snow here either. Even in K'zoo.

Great pictures! Western New York is beautiful country, I wish I could have seen more of it on my trip there last month.

Instead of Cleveland I flew to KFPK today and then to KAZO for dinner. I really need to get my camera fixed so I can take some pictures. Today was as beautiful as it ever gets in Michigan in winter... no snow here either. Even in K'zoo.

Hijack... What/where to eat at KAZO?

Nice pics....

I wouldn't worry about the kid, you should have it sold and delivered before anyone notices the damage. Remember, They're only worth a quarter million the first 2-3 days, after that they go down quick. If you wait too long it costs a bundle to get rid of them and that's on top of all the carrying costs in the mean time.

Hijack... What/where to eat at KAZO?
I went to a very nice Italian place called Bravo. Tell ground you're going to Duncan, then ask the Duncan people for directions to Bravo. They will offer you a courtesy car but the restaurant is VERY easy walking distance.

I learned about it from an adventurepilot post.

Small world....I did some pattern work this afternoon at Penn Yan. It's my home base and only 10 minutes from the house. Great scenic area for you folks to fly in and visit!!

We left after 2, I saw a bunch of people over by the Penn Yan flying club hangar. Speaking of that, can I go through that gate? Same combo as the one by the FBO? "Squawk VFR" lol.

I went to a very nice Italian place called Bravo. Tell ground you're going to Duncan, then ask the Duncan people for directions to Bravo. They will offer you a courtesy car but the restaurant is VERY easy walking distance.

I'll have to remember that one

Excellent! Thanks. Had a feeling you were talking about something other than the cafeteria...

When I saw Penn Yan in the title I thought you were talking about an engine overhaul.

Yeah, when I saw the subject line I was thinking "Huh? Couldn't get brakes, so decided to overhaul the engine?" :rofl:

Been there in my 140 (which I like way better than Skyhawks). Beautiful part of the country. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, when I saw the subject line I was thinking "Huh? Couldn't get brakes, so decided to overhaul the engine?" :rofl:

All the club planes have Penn Yan engines in them, so it's not the first time that 140 had been there

Back