No airplane symbol garmim pilot

The only time I see the moving airplane signal is when GP thinks I'm moving. Otherwise its a dot. Do you get a good GPS signal?

I have mine set to a P-38 Lightning :)

Ok I got it working again but I'm not sure how. I reset the phone to default settings and uninstalled and reinstalled the garmin software. I'm trying to duplicate the problem but I can't.

There is also a switch under General settings - "Display Ownship". Maybe you had that switched off.

Any of you guys use your Garmin Pilot with the new GDL-39 3D? I had mine for a while and I love it! Love to hear your feedbacks.

I've noticed 3 states: no GPS signal = no dot, GPS signal but slow or no motion = dot, GPS signal and motion = airplane symbol.

And both the hardware and the software suck donkeys, so that's going to happen when you least want it to.

NEVER depend on that "ownship" icon. I've seen it 20 miles off reality, on the wrong side of a Class B boundary -- it was showing old data as current. Had I trusted it, I'd have busted. Good thing I don't trust it.

The other real fun GP fault I had was when it crashed right before I switched to Tower approaching Class D. Good thing I had my frequencies written down….

And both the hardware and the software suck donkeys, so that's going to happen when you least want it to.

NEVER depend on that "ownship" icon. I've seen it 20 miles off reality, on the wrong side of a Class B boundary -- it was showing old data as current. Had I trusted it, I'd have busted. Good thing I don't trust it.

The other real fun GP fault I had was when it crashed right before I switched to Tower approaching Class D. Good thing I had my frequencies written down….

I always carry a sectional and AF/D when flying regardless.

So I have duplicated the problem again. I upgraded my Iphone 5 to the latest software and the airplane Icon disappeared again. I cannot seem to get it back again. I also have Foreflight installed and I do not have this problem.

So what gives?

So I have duplicated the problem again. I upgraded my Iphone 5 to the latest software and the airplane Icon disappeared again. I cannot seem to get it back again. I also have Foreflight installed and I do not have this problem.

So what gives?

The NSA has hijacked your iPhone and is tracking your every move, they are stealing the airplane icon from Garmin Pilot to put on their tracking screen. :tinfoil:

The Garmin airplane icon was shot down by ForeFlight rebels.

Nah, it was a covert mission by WingX, but they made it look like ForeFlight so when Garmin launches their nukes, they will be hiding in neutral territory. NSA has tracks through all the proxy servers though, so the truth will come out.

Nah, it was a covert mission by WingX, but they made it look like ForeFlight so when Garmin launches their nukes, they will be hiding in neutral territory. NSA has tracks through all the proxy servers though, so the truth will come out.

It was a Garmin false flag operation.

There never WAS an icon.

It was a Garmin false flag operation.

There never WAS an icon.

Ahh, a campaign of misinformation to breed hate and an enemy, these guys could run a country, they have all the tricks down. Bomb your own people and then blame 'an enemy' to foment hatred against others because you don't want them to see how badly they are screwing you in the name of Free Market Pricing.

Ahh, a campaign of misinformation to breed hate and an enemy, these guys could run a country, they have all the tricks down. Bomb your own people and then blame 'an enemy' to foment hatred against others because you don't want them to see how badly they are screwing you in the name of Free Market Pricing.
And all financed by foreign banking interests. Genius. Gary and Min didn't get to be bazillionares by being dumb.

Back