Night time destinations.

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
I am looking to fulfill my last flight requirements for my multi commercial ticket. I need to find a nice destination within about 160nm from Lancaster, Pa, (S37) to take my MEI and my wife for a night time VFR cross country. Something that is nice at night, has a restaurant on the field, and is lighted. I was thinking of Block Island, RI but that may be a little farther than necessary.

If you know anything about Block Island, or know of a good place for a night time flight, please share your info with the rest of us.

Thanks,

You can try New Bedford, Ma (EWB). Nice field there and there is a restaurant on the field under the tower. Parking is right outside. The restaurant ans linen tableclothes, a full menu and bar. Everything I've been told about it, says it's a good place to go.
As to Block Island, all I know is it is a short (2500') runway. Since it's near the center of town, I'm sure you're close to some fine dining.

Bryon, i might be going to Block Island this weekend,I'll let you know hows it is or you can get in touch with Toby Speed , she's been ther before Dave G

Bryon have you considered KPSF or KGBR only perhaps 190nm and 170nm from S37. Both neat little towns in the Berkshires. I think each may have some good munchies not far away.

Back