Night Owl Wanderings

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
Wandered up to KCYS IFR tonight then ran around the patch up there for some night landings.

Landed runway 09... In Cheyenne. Whoa.

Holy cow, the wind wasn't blowing 100 MPH out of the West in Cheyenne. Hell must also be freezing over.

Filed IFR and wandered home.

That was fun.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1279M

Oh. Almost forgot. The ^#^*^# DME went dark again. Never came on at Avionics master power up.

And the Center controllers whined that the Mode C dropped out once. Replies on the transponder looked weak. When DEN asked for an Ident, they saw it right away though. Starting to suspect the antenna.

So much for the work the avionics shop did.

I guess we are /U to OSH and then she'll go back in the shop unless we have time to get her up there this week.

no comment on your chosen shop...

no comment on your chosen shop...

I'm starting to believe it. Kinda ****ed.

And I'm not shy. I will name them. Freedom Avionics at KBJC.

We'll see what they say when we talk to them, and I'll try to be nice. But basically both problems are still there after about three flights out of the shop.

Not cool.

We'll see what they say when we talk to them, and I'll try to be nice. But basically both problems are still there after about three flights out of the shop.

Not cool.

Some problems are harder to find than others. I'm betting you have a grounding issue and those are enough of a ***** to find that if I can't within a few hours, I just run a new ground circuit.

Not cool.
You need to fly to Texas to get your avionics fixed. Clark seems to have had good luck with that. An excuse for a long cross-country!

Back