night flight!!

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
and tonight we went up to FDK and back. what a simply fabulous night to fly. there must have been 4 other planes coming in for a landing (on my second time around at FDK). just perfect - viz 10+ etc.

woodstock said:
and tonight we went up to FDK and back. what a simply fabulous night to fly. there must have been 4 other planes coming in for a landing (on my second time around at FDK). just perfect - viz 10+ etc.

Flying back to Smoketown last night around 9 PM I wondered if anyone else was enjoying the rare 100+ mile visibility, balmy evening here in the mid-Atlantic. Great to hear the evening wasn't totally wasted on just me.

pretty soon we will be doing longer cross countries. I don't know if lunch figures in to any of these, but if so, I'll let ya'll know. He mentioned York last night for instance, then over to Hagerstown, then back to JYO (need more tower practice).

If it's lunch that you want, try Lancaster (LNS). The restaurant is EXCELLENT.

Great pilot shop at Airways - the closest you're likely to get to Wal-mart for pilots this side of Sporty's.

Hi Elizabeth,

Have you flown into Wilkes-Barre? Kinda like landing on an aircraft carrier (at least that's what my CFI at that time advised) and it sounds like it might be in your general vicinity.
Also try Butter Valley, in the middle of a golf course. Always wondered how those players could concentrate on their swing with aircraft landing 50 feet away.
Elizabeth Hitchcock

Back