Nice weekend already.....

BiffJ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BiffJ
The weather in Indiana finally cleared up enough to do some flying to nowhere in the 175 yesterday. Just burning holes the sky and leaving green tracks on the GPS. A little over an hour covered a pretty good bit of ground and while it was a bit bumpy it was nice to get back in the air when it wasn't grey and cold.
Today started well with about 1000 smiling kids at the annual Masons Easter Egg hunt and got better when my buddy decided the ground was solid enough to do a couple laps around the front field in his Russian T54 tank. This one just came into his collection and it was the first time he has driven it. He was very pleased and forced me to enjoy it too. 20 miles an hour seems like 120 in the Cessna but with 40 tons rather than less than one its understandable.
Tomorrow we get to spend Easter with a dear friend in a nursing home. She's 92 and doing pretty well. Always good to see her.

What could be better than flying a plane and a tank in the same weekend.

Frank

T-54-2small.jpg

The weather in Indiana finally cleared up enough to do some flying to nowhere in the 175 yesterday. Just burning holes the sky and leaving green tracks on the GPS. A little over an hour covered a pretty good bit of ground and while it was a bit bumpy it was nice to get back in the air when it wasn't grey and cold.
Today started well with about 1000 smiling kids at the annual Masons Easter Egg hunt and got better when my buddy decided the ground was solid enough to do a couple laps around the front field in his Russian T54 tank. This one just came into his collection and it was the first time he has driven it. He was very pleased and forced me to enjoy it too. 20 miles an hour seems like 120 in the Cessna but with 40 tons rather than less than one its understandable.
Tomorrow we get to spend Easter with a dear friend in a nursing home. She's 92 and doing pretty well. Always good to see her.

What could be better than flying a plane and a tank in the same weekend.

Frank

T-54-2small.jpg

What's the stall speed on a T-54?

Its pretty much a zero mph stall speed. As long as its moving you're ok. On the other hand if you spin one in, woe to whatever you hit......

Frank

Its pretty much a zero mph stall speed. As long as its moving you're ok. On the other hand if you spin one in, woe to whatever you hit......

As we all know, stall speed isn't really the problem in at T-54. Encountering and M-1A1 is...

As we all know, stall speed isn't really the problem in at T-54. Encountering and M-1A1 is...

Indeed that is true....I think even the lowly M60 and possibly the tiny Bradley are threats to the old timer. I feel safe enough driving the thing here in the states where there isn't much in the way of enemy traffic. I wouldn't want to be near one over there as its just not a safe place to be.

Frank

Back