Nice guy at KWEA

JCranford

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
JCranford
My wife and I flew down to see my sister last Friday and take her for a ride with the new pilot. Without getting into the gory details of the flight home which included a thunderstorm, deer on the runway, and a night flight just outside DFW airspace we met a really nice guy at KWEA.

We landed there to wait out the t-storm over KDTO and were discussing having a pizza delivered to the (closed) FBO while we waited. KWEA has some nice houses / hanger on the west side of the runway and we saw a guy sitting in his hanger so decided to go over and talk to him.

During the conversation we mentioned the pizza idea, so he says "Why don't you take my Jeep and go into town and get some dinner?' Really!? You met me 3 minutes ago and youre going to let me borrow your Jeep!??

Well, ok, so off we go to get some Cajun at Boo Ray's (great food!).

We return and he has checked the weather for us (which we had been doing as well) and declared us cleared to make it home.

Made it home ok and were really grateful for the stranger we had met who made an unintended landing something very nice.

My wife and I flew down to see my sister last Friday and take her for a ride with the new pilot. Without getting into the gory details of the flight home which included a thunderstorm, deer on the runway, and a night flight just outside DFW airspace we met a really nice guy at KWEA.

We landed there to wait out the t-storm over KDTO and were discussing having a pizza delivered to the (closed) FBO while we waited. KWEA has some nice houses / hanger on the west side of the runway and we saw a guy sitting in his hanger so decided to go over and talk to him.

During the conversation we mentioned the pizza idea, so he says "Why don't you take my Jeep and go into town and get some dinner?' Really!? You met me 3 minutes ago and youre going to let me borrow your Jeep!??

We return and he has checked the weather for us (which we had been doing as well) and declared us cleared to make it home.

Made it home ok and were really grateful for the stranger we had met who made an unintended landing something very nice.

99.9% of pilots are GREAT people.....:yes::)

You did the good thing and filled up his tank, right? :yes:

The smaller the airport the more friendly,and helpful the people. Most pilots are good hearted people one on one.

You did the good thing and filled up his tank, right? :yes:

I'll admit, I did not. But only because he was full when I got in and the restaurant was like 3 miles away. Thought it was silly to stop for 1/4 of a gallon.

Yep, lots of friendly people in GA. I've even been taken home and to parties by FBO personnel when weather wouldn't let me get out.

I still get regularly amazed by how friendly and helpful many Americans are, particularly in aviation.

1502.gif

Ha...small world. I think I met you and your wife that day, I gave you my card if you are who I'm thinking of?

Ha...small world. I think I met you and your wife that day, I gave you my card if you are who I'm thinking of?

If the aircraft was a white/maroon Skylane, N55WB, that was John (the OP here). He recently joined the same flying club I am part of.

Yessir, that was us. The gentleman that helped us out was across and south of the FBO. Has a nice looking Baron.

Cool. Just started flying out of kwea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back