Nice GA Article (for a change...)

Good article. I like how it explains some of the major benefits of GA. I also like George Moussa's quote, "Anyone who flies does it because they love flying," to remind readers that time savings aren't the only reason we fly.

As pilots sometimes we forget how newsworthy some of our experiences can be-- you just have to make an effort to get things into the paper. Whenever there's an article, I suddenly get more phone calls resulting in new students.

Given the latest issues affecting us, now might be a good time to give the media some story ideas. It's easy for them to find out about an accident or a noise complaint, but how easy is it to know that a 16-year-old kid just soloed on his birthday? I bet most of us know a pilot whose story would be interesting to the public. If it's you, get someone to call in and vouch for you!

There was an article in the Minneapolis paper yesterday about a Minnesotan US congressman who was complaining that a recent bill from the ethics committee has banned him from flying his own plane. The bill was intended to do something about congresscritters flying around in corporate jets on the public dime and/or as a non-disclosed gift from a constituent, but the way it was written any congressmen who flies on anything other than a commercial airliner can be sanctioned for doing so. This one's from NW Minnesota and owns a Bonanaza that he's been using to commute to MSP as well as for traveling around his district.

Back