Nice Flight--Boring Post

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
This is a boring post because it is about the nice flight I had today. I wanted some IMC, but I still got a nice, smooth X-C, and some landings afterwards. I find it funny annoying that I still can make a goof--like today, my clearance was via MRB, not KMRB to which I was initially heading. Not a big deal, but I decided to turn off the GPS (leaving on the MFD) and fly with VORs and eyes, which is better for my mind. I like good old mid-20th century navigation.

All landings were at least good and safe, and a couple were dreamy. Ah, why can't the wife (or a CFI) be in the right seat to witness those. . . .

Next thing to do is get back in the TB-20 with an instructor. I haven't flown that plane in a couple of months, and I only have 5 hours it it, so I want to go flying with someone who is familiar with it. Downside with that plane, though, is that it is very popular for weekend getaways, and I often can't get it.

Heard FDK is getting a Saratoga or a C206. . . .

Everytime I walk past those Seminoles, I am tempted. . . .

If you're checked out in the plane and just want an experienced Trinidad pilot along as opposed to getting and paying for dual - drop me a line.

Sometime in the middle of July I'm gonna go up in the Seminole and you're welcome to come along.

Thank you, Tim. In a week I will be out of currency in the Trinidad, so I will have to go up with a CFI. That's fine. I want to practice coupled approaches and partial panel.

I might take you up on the Seminole part, though. We're really lucky that one can rent these right after checkride. What do you think, 15 hours?

Ben...maybe its the extra weight in the right seat that keeps you from making awesome landings. Hah hah hah.

The Seminole is on my list for 2007. After my nice trip to Cedar Point with the kids, we've decided we want to go back next year and I'd like to take my husband along too.

I highly recommend Tim as a ride-along tutor. He helped me greatly with the Trinidad's autopilot, which came in very handy on my trip to Sandusky.

Back