Display name:
Kevin
Taking advantage of the nice winter weather we're having in the northwest!:yes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 116

That's exactly what we did, drove up the south Skaget highway to the Sauk valley rd, then took a right at the Sauk river bridge and went as far as the logging road would take us.

Found a very nice camp ground a half mile below the Salk River bridge. As one would expect it's called the Salk Camp ground, run by Skaget county.

Awesome man looks like a good time

beautiful day.......was cloudy and sleety in Reno today, but the mountains did look nice. Missing the PNW right now though

I was going to say I hate you, but then I remembered Superbowl XLIX.

(I'm still sooooooooo tired of the snow)

It was a nice day for flying in the NE yesterday. That is, ahead of the 4-8" they are calling for tonight. Flew for 4 hours to ohtm.org and back.
I am waiting for better weather so I can dust off the bike and go for a ride. Too much ice and too damned cold now.

After you mow with that thing, don't forget to trim the hedges!

Love some 914, that's a sweetie.

I had the same idea, but I combined it with a grocery shopping trip.

https://vimeo.com/120964863

Rich
Around 40 minutes' drive each way for a grocery shopping trip? Sounds about par for the course in VT too...

Only here it's too warm for a drive in the mountains. Above -10C or so, with even a hint of sun it gets too soft and icky on the back roads. (And mud season is still a few weeks away, officially.)

Around 40 minutes' drive each way for a grocery shopping trip? Sounds about par for the course in VT too...

Only here it's too warm for a drive in the mountains. Above -10C or so, with even a hint of sun it gets too soft and icky on the back roads. (And mud season is still a few weeks away, officially.)

It's about a 27-mile drive. I use Price Chopper for the serious shopping because they have fair prices, a good selection, and a deal with Sunoco by which you earn fuel discounts for grocery shopping. They also stock quite a bit of local produce in season.

There's a Food Town franchise that's much closer, but they have limited inventory and absurdly high prices. I don't mean like 10 or 20 percent higher. I mean like 200 - 300 percent higher. I use them mainly for odds and ends between Price Chopper runs.

Rich

It's about a 27-mile drive. I use Price Chopper for the serious shopping because they have fair prices, a good selection, and a deal with Sunoco by which you earn fuel discounts for grocery shopping. They also stock quite a bit of local produce in season.

There's a Food Town franchise that's much closer, but they have limited inventory and absurdly high prices. I don't mean like 10 or 20 percent higher. I mean like 200 - 300 percent higher. I use them mainly for odds and ends between Price Chopper runs.

Rich
I'm lucky in that there's a small supermarket called Tops in town that usually has most things that I need. There is also a pretty large and well-stocked Shaw's in Berlin about 10 miles away -- assuming the mountain road shortcut from Riverton is passable, otherwise it's more like 15-20. So I'm pretty well situated compared to many people in VT. If I was a ridge over to the west (Mad River Valley), the nearest large shopping area would probably be a 45 minute drive, to Williston just east of Burlington.

The biggest concern living here is actually where to go in case of a medical emergency. There is a small hospital in Berlin, but for serious issues the closest real help is at UVM Hospital in Burlington. From here that is 45 miles and nearly an hour away, in good weather.

Rich

we had Price Chopper about 15-20 years ago in the PNW, and it got bought out and re-named "PC Market of Choice", which about 10 years ago became "Market of Choice"........probably my favorite grocery store anywhere and I miss it a lot. It's like a slightly cheaper Whole Foods (ok maybe that isn't saying much), with better selection, more no kidding local stuff, and a beer selection that could rival just about anywhere. When we go home to visit, it is a nice evening walk from my wife's folks house, and I make a point to stroll in there as much as I can. Probably not what you are seeking out with Price Chopper, but I just thought I'd plug my favorite....

Had one- wish it was still in the garage.

BTW We just finished stripping, polishing & clear coating a set of five of those wheels for a customer restoring a '74 model. Be sure to treat those babies nice. Tough to find today.

It was a beautiful day in San Jose today and I decided to take the convertible 911 out for a drive, but when I went to start it...battery was dead enough it wouldn't crank the engine.

Spent the next couple hours buying a new one and getting it hooked up, and by then, it was time for other commitments, so no drive for me.

Thank God there was enough juice in the old one to pop the lid, because in my model they're electrically operated with no easy-access manual handle. Not sure what the procedure is to open it with no juice, and not anxious to find out.

*sigh* Oh well, maybe next weekend.

I loved my 1974 914 2.0.
Except for the cable actuated clutch. There used to be a hydraulic conversation, which makes it feel better.

Thanks for the compliments. I will take care of her. It was originaly my Dads'. He purchased it shortly after I bought a '73 1.8 liter car. We had a lot of fun chasing each other around in them. I sold mine after my daughter came along then bought my Dads' a few years later. He passed away a little over a year ago. I'll keep it for a long time! Fun to drive and think about all the good times!!

Thanks for the compliments. I will take care of her. It was originaly my Dads'. He purchased it shortly after I bought a '73 1.8 liter car. We had a lot of fun chasing each other around in them. I sold mine after my daughter came along then bought my Dads' a few years later. He passed away a little over a year ago. I'll keep it for a long time! Fun to drive and think about all the good times!!

Definitely a car you couldn't ever sell! Too many good memories! Enjoy her!

Back