SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Last edited:
According to a post at Airliners.net, the prototype Cessna next generation plane (N99110) is flying from ICT to JAN; see:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N99110/history/20070415/1345Z/KICT/KJAN/tracklog

That ain't no 182 at 190+ knots. (edit: maybe it is, winds aloft are huge today).

I don't think we'll need any special ops folks to take pictures this time - It's now headed for Lakeland!!! I sense some announcements...

They filed for 150 knots and currently are getting 214 over the ground at 9,000 feet. Looks like they have a ground track of about 120 and winds aloft in that area are listed as 260 at 60 knots, so they've got a hefty tailwind component.

That begs the question... Why even bother with a spiffy new plane that's only 10 knots faster??? Or are they throttled way back for some reason? Weird. Looking forward to seeing some announcements this week.

That begs the question... Why even bother with a spiffy new plane that's only 10 knots faster??? Or are they throttled way back for some reason?

To not let the cat out of the bag just yet on how fast it really is?

To not let the cat out of the bag just yet on how fast it really is?

I was thinking more in terms of, they don't want us to know how fast it really ISN'T. :no:

Of course, if I understand correctly, the NGP is not a single airplane but will be several different models (a la 172-182-206). At 150 knots, maybe this one's only the SR20-killer.

It's a Cessna. How fast can it be?
Obviously the remark of a liberal who has no respect for us traditionalist who remain faithful to Clyde. You probably fly one of those gizmos with the tail on backward! :D

I saw it land at LAL.

Pretty distinctive wing/fuselage junction. Reminds me of a Wittman Tailwind.

I saw it land at LAL.

Pretty distinctive wing/fuselage junction. Reminds me of a Wittman Tailwind.
Wow, the Tailwind is one of the fugliest airplanes ever. Yes, I know it's fast, but it's still fugly. Now I can't wait to see it at SNF.

Back