NFL fans watch LEAGUE OF DENIAL: NFL'S CONCUSSION CRISIS

KeithASanford

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MyTurnToFly
Frontline does it again. Premieres tonight nationally. The NFL will be further reduced to flag football after this report. Suppression and blatant denial of CTE findings makes the league look even worse.

Why is it a crisis? How many people are in the NFL? Who cares? They're overpaid beer and car salesmen.

It's a crisis for the NFL

How exactly is that relevant?

I posted in the Sports section for NFL fans. If you're not a fan and don't care, why risk carpal tunnel and reply? :confused:

A crisis by nature has to involve a lot of people for a drastic loss. Would it really matter to the overall of the NFL if it did turn into flag football? Would fans watch less? My typing is so poor I don't think carpal tunnel is any risk.

There was years ago a horribly vindictive story about the NFL on 60 Minutes, and how their padding was insufficient and that there was a lonely inventor with the solution but no one wanted to buy it blah blah blah. Changed exactly nothing. The owners are uber-rich guys who are in bed with TV execs and politicians, all of whom know on which side of the break the butter goes. And if there's the possibility that some big dumb (rich) schmuck will get a dangerous injury during the game, so much the better. Trapeze artists were always more exciting without a net.

Not just the NFL. They're just starting to get hit by some of the old players that have had their bells rung a few times too many. THere are some pretty unfortunate young men crippled/killed at the juvenile and college levels as well. The industry is busy pushing their "heads up" rules and trying to get everybody to adopt serious concussion guidelines, but it's not coming quickly. Another lawsuit filed today against a high school team that didn't bother to get a kid cleared after a concussion (unfortunately, they're also going after Rawlings claiming the helmet should have prevented it, which I do not see).

Not just the NFL. They're just starting to get hit by some of the old players that have had their bells rung a few times too many. THere are some pretty unfortunate young men crippled/killed at the juvenile and college levels as well. The industry is busy pushing their "heads up" rules and trying to get everybody to adopt serious concussion guidelines, but it's not coming quickly. Another lawsuit filed today against a high school team that didn't bother to get a kid cleared after a concussion (unfortunately, they're also going after Rawlings claiming the helmet should have prevented it, which I do not see).

My HS didn't (still doesn't) have a football team due to a severe injury.

Back