News media and the public are so stupid

Appeal to authority fallacy. Wearing a square suit and tie doesn't make you credible/informed either.
Who the fudge said anything about suits. But reputable people have names and credentials, not someone who makes an anonymous reddit account.

...or an anonymous POA account.
My real identity is not a secret. Tons of people here have taken pleasure in "outing" me even though I never attempted to keep it secret. My real name got trashed when the board went to XenForo here an the user vs. Display Names got all bolluxed up.

Appeal to authority fallacy. Wearing a square suit and tie doesn't make you credible/informed either.
Sure, but the odds are much better if there is reason to believe that the person knows what they are talking about. I would agree though, that a person's screen name doesn't really tell you one way or the other. Fact-checking is necessary.

My real identity is not a secret. Tons of people here have taken pleasure in "outing" me even though I never attempted to keep it secret. My real name got trashed when the board went to XenForo here an the user vs. Display Names got all bolluxed up.
I wasn't referring to you, but others that proclaim to be experts, but provide no qualifications to corroborate their inside knowledge.

Back