Newest CFI here!!

PHXAvi8tor

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
PHXAvi8tor
Well, this post is probably coming from the newest CFI in America.

I just passed my checkride this afternoon!

I R an official flight instructor as of this writing. Now taking students!

Hell yeah! Michael and I were just talking about this today....

Did you happen to do your CFII at the same time?

edit: and btw, Congratulations!!!

Well congratulations. maybe you can teach me to fly tommorrow.

Good work Ben, glad you finally got it done with. Our mouths are watering for the blow by blow flight report, please dish it out!

WOOHOO! Congrats! Now get out there and spread the disease. :)

Hey, way to go! That's a tough one and a good one to get behind you!

- Russ

About dang time! :D

Congratulations! I'll come see ya next time I visit and need a check out for renting at WW.

Better get it done tomorrow. I'm sure Ben will be signing Hennings logbook.

if only i could get in on this relay, Henning would definitely be signing MY logbook.

Hey, everyone! Thanks! It was a tough road to the CFI Initial, but well worth it to know I will be helping keep GA alive and strong!

Call on me any time for help, instruction, or just to go flying!

All the best. Getting some shut-eye now, for the Henning flight to KSAF tomorrow. That ought to be an experience!

Congratulations, Ben! One of these years I'll have you teach me how to teach! :)

WooHoo, Congrats Ben!!! So tell us, how over prepared were you.
I bet the checkride was easy compared to what you have been
through with the training. :yes:

Congrats again!!! It was great to meet you this morning. :)

Congrats!
Better get to teaching before user fees kill all the student starts!!!!!:hairraise:

Wait.....
Its that the sky falling??????

Way to go Ben:yes:.

At least you would get to log it. I got hours of fabulous training and not one entry to prove it.

The few hours you got with Henning will probably teach you more than the the 20 or 30 you will get with your CFI.

Way to go, Ben! Enjoy your new students, whoever they'll be.

Jim

BIG TIME Congrats, Ben!!:D

I've been a supportive fan of yours for a long time; Your posting has certainly been a big help to MY aviation education. I'll look forward to a trip west sometime, to say thanks in person! (Good thing I've got an airplane...)

As you make some income, I'd like to also encourage you to start working on the "double I" :p

Wait a minute, what was I thinking; CFI's don't make much... Hope you didn't quit your day job..:eek: Heeheehee

Seriously, Congratulations!!

You phoenix people are such snobs. :rofl:

Nah,... you're confusing us Phoenicians with those high falootin' Scottsdale folks! ;) :D

I got to see Ben last night right after he passed his Checkride. I don't think his feet were even touching the ground!

I don't think I've ever seen anyone go through more agony than Ben for this one -- BZ.
So Ron, what's your impression of the agony? Is it hard arse good instructors or was it BS?

Ben certainly jumped a high bar for his CFI initial. Now that it's done that's a good thing, but was it necessary?

Joe

At least you would get to log it. I got hours of fabulous training and not one entry to prove it.

Henning is truly a fabulous pilot. He shouldn't let it all go to waste. Let's launch a campaign to get him to renew his CFI.

Meantime, if you ever want some training and be able to LOG it, give me a call or shoot over a PM!! :D

Nice meeting you today, too!

Oh, by the way, we got him to KSAF (Santa Fe) by 11 a.m. local time (1800Z).

Did some great mountain flying around 10,000-foot Mt. Taylor just west of Santa Fe, and Henning did a pretty good job on the crosswind landing in Andy's Cherokee on runway 02.

Will post some pictures later, including some of Andy's "sweet but slow" Cherokee.

Ben

Got some pix of the Henning leg from DVT to SAF.

Here they are. ...

filenames double as explanation of what's going on in photos....

I have one last photo of Andy's "fast" Cherokee. Saving it for later. :D

Attachments

• henning&BenwithAndysCherokeeonWaytoMexico.jpg
    henning&BenwithAndysCherokeeonWaytoMexico.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 16
  • henningLeftSeatOverZuniNM.jpg
    henningLeftSeatOverZuniNM.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 18
  • MtnFlyinginCherokeeoverMtTa.jpg
    MtnFlyinginCherokeeoverMtTa.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 15
BIG TIME Congrats, Ben!!:D

I've been a supportive fan of yours for a long time; Your posting has certainly been a big help to MY aviation education. I'll look forward to a trip west sometime, to say thanks in person! (Good thing I've got an airplane...)

As you make some income, I'd like to also encourage you to start working on the "double I" :p

Wait a minute, what was I thinking; CFI's don't make much... Hope you didn't quit your day job..:eek: Heeheehee

Seriously, Congratulations!!

Hey, thanks! I really look forward to meeting you! Can't wait. PM me when you're coming this way, and I'll do the same!

Those photos of me and Henning, by the way, was my "CFI Initial" celebratory ride (DVT to SAF), in which I get to log 3.3 hours "dual-given."

Of course, the first 1.4 hours of "dual given" was graciously offered by my DPE, a US Airways Airbus captain and check airman who said he actually learned some stuff from me. So, he made me log "dual given" on my checkride entry!!

edit: darn, oh wait! Andy wanted to be the first to have me sign his logbook! shhhhh!

Last edited:
I can pitch in a few bucks to buy henning a bic razor....

Congratulations. I think you'll be an excellent CFI.

Back