Newcomers to the Gaston’s Fly-In

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
It looks like we have a lot of people signed up to come to Gaston’s according to the fly-in website, and there are even more people coming that haven’t signed up yet. How cool that so many new people are coming! :yes: I don’t know who a lot of them are, and haven’t met many of the newer ones. We need to make sure that they feel welcome when they arrive, and that they feel like part of the group. :yes:

Along that line of thinking…who wants to be in charge of name tags this year?

We need [no, not NEED, but would be cool] flight patches or something that we can pre-order (starting in January or something) with a custom "Gastons <year>" logo and our name embroidered on them.

I'd spring $6 for something like one of these:

http://www.sfspatches.com/patches.html

Or somebody can bring a Fat Sharpie and we can scrawl it on the back of our hand. :) Tattoo artist?

We need [no, not NEED, but would be cool] flight patches or something that we can pre-order (starting in January or something) with a custom "Gastons <year>" logo and our name embroidered on them.

I'd spring $6 for something like one of these:

http://www.sfspatches.com/patches.html

That sounds good, but we need to keep in mind that some people don't get on this forum, and some people don't know if they will be coming until the last minute. It might be more practical to have something available at the flight line.

Or somebody can bring a Fat Sharpie and we can scrawl it on the back of our hand. :) Tattoo artist?
Well, that's closer to being practical. :D

Have you briefed them on the initiation ceremony?

Or the landing judges?

:frog:

It looks like we have a lot of people signed up to come to Gaston’s according to the fly-in website, and there are even more people coming that haven’t signed up yet. How cool that so many new people are coming! :yes: I don’t know who a lot of them are, and haven’t met many of the newer ones. We need to make sure that they feel welcome when they arrive, and that they feel like part of the group. :yes:

Along that line of thinking…who wants to be in charge of name tags this year?

Or the landing judges?

Steve-

Some things are best experienced... fresh.

:eek: I forgot...what was it? And maybe it would be better not to brief them. ;)

Or the landing judges?

Are we bringing the judging paddles this year? :D

Chip's video is being added to our website this weekend, so at least they can watch the video and see some judges in action. :yes:

Is it the GOOD landings, or the BAD landings that earn spankings??! B)

No, no, Troy-

the mere act of arriving gets you the OGRS (Official Gaston's Ritual Spanking).

No, no, Troy-

the mere act of arriving gets you the OGRS (Official Gaston's Ritual Spanking).

You guys!!!!! :hairraise: This is the thread that newcomers might read first. :rolleyes: I'd say that the people who initially responded to this thread should be responsible for the name tags. :yes: ;)

Ok, Ok, twist my arm...

I'll bring a name tag.

Does it have to have my name on it, too?

:p

You guys!!!!! :hairraise: This is the thread that newcomers might read first. :rolleyes: I'd say that the people who initially responded to this thread should be responsible for the name tags. :yes: ;)

OK, maybe we should give them another name than 'judging paddles'...especially with this crowd. :D

"Judging Cattle-Prods"? :hairraise:

A flagrum? That'd keep people on their proper Vs0 x 1.3 approach speeds.

pp-flagrum3.jpg

And before Spike questions where that came from, it was a historical site about what the Romans used. http://www.indyprops.com/pp-flagrum.htm

I'll take care of name tags, Diana...
Thanks Troy! :) Gosh, getting to this point has been rather punishing. :D

Steve, are you bringing the judging 'thingies' (surely that's a safe and harmless word) again?

OH, and don't forget to welcome the newcomers! :yes:

Thanks Troy! :) Gosh, getting to this point has been rather punishing. :D

Steve, are you bringing the judging 'thingies' (surely that's a safe and harmless word) again?

OH, and don't forget to welcome the newcomers! :yes:

You trust the newcomers with Steve and his 'thingies'?!? :goofy:

DIANA, Why would you even have to reminde POAers to make folks feel welcome. Don't sweat it. Everyone is gonna blend in perfectly.

I'd make sure and put your nickname on the name tag as well as your real name. Many people, especially the new guys, know each other by nick names.

Can we stop talking about Gaston's? I keep looking at my calendar and it's STILL April! it's not even May yet, and I'm just itching to go! :yes:

As one of those newcomers, I can't wait to meet you guys, I'm sure I'll feel welcome!

Oh no, that's needlessly simple, the newbies will have to suffer the excruciatingly painful process of matching planes, nicknames, names, and faces...and the final exam on Sunday morning.

I'd make sure and put your nickname on the name tag as well as your real name. Many people, especially the new guys, know each other by nick names.

Oh no, that's needlessly simple, the newbies will have to suffer the excruciatingly painful process of matching planes, nicknames, names, and faces...and the final exam on Sunday morning.

He he he... makes me think of Jesse's April 1 trick... we could REALLY mess with the newbies and mix up the real names with the web names. Oh, I better shut up or Diana will take the name tags task away from me.

You can custom make nametag stickers on cafepress.com. 50¢ per sticker I believe. How 'bout this one? (Sorry MC.)

nametag.jpg

You can custom make nametag stickers on cafepress.com. 50¢ per sticker I believe. How 'bout this one? (Sorry MC.)

nametag.jpg
As Diana mentioned, it's not just PoA there. We probably don't want our logo on it. Other than that, good idea!:yes:

I've known you guys for a few years, gone to gastons once among other fly-ins and I'm still working on that!! Although no one can confuse you Steve. :D

Back