Saras 182

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Sara 182
Hello! I'm new to the forum. I have been reading for years. But this is my first post. This is my first year going to Airventure. I am looking for any and all information that will help me prepare. (Obviously I read the notam and I think I understand it) I am flying in... and camping... I have no experience camping or flying into KOSH... so it should be an experience... Glad to be on here. This is a great forum with lots of good information. It has been very helpful to me in the past. Soo.. in general, thanks for all your help.

Welcome to posting. Have fun at Airventure. What are you flying?

I would suggest that you go out and practice flying the numbers for the arrival. Make SURE you can do what they ask to the ground.

I lost a friend arriving at Oshkosh because the person in front of him did not maintain their speed to the runway.

1. If you forget anything, Target is just north of the field with everything you can imagine for camping.
  2. Backpack with water bottle during the day.
  3. Incredibly comfortable shoes/sneakers. You're hiking a very large area. At least it's flat.
  4. Be comfortable. Really good air mattress or a cot. Blankets or sleeping bag. It will be miserably cold, and horribly hot. All in the same day.
  5. Better stakes than what comes with the average tent. You'll need them. One day is guaranteed to be drenching TStorms and high winds.
  6. Make sure tent is freshly waterproofed. If it doesn't have a footprint, bring an extra tarp to put on the ground. See #5.
  7. Waterproof the rain fly, too! See #5.
  8. Make sure you have really good tie-downs for the airplane. See #5.
  9. 3 Heavy duty cutting boards (or 12x12in 3/8 or 1/2 in plywood) to put under the wheels. See #5.
  10. Don't bring luggage. Put everything into plastic containers (Target, Walmart, Costco, etc). See #5.
  11. Sunblock & a hat.
  12. Practice putting up the tent and rainfly.
  13. An extra tarp or cover to go over the outside of the airplane cabin, covering the doors. See #5.
upload_2023-7-6_8-18-15.png

There's more but this will get you started.

Back