Anthony Henslee

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Movie Maker
Good evening all. Newbie here to the forum. I am a film maker and aviation enthusiast. I am producing a documentary about early flight and wanted to find out if there was anyone interested in helping out with some questions I may have as I build this film?
One of my goals as part of this project is to earn a Sport Pilot Certification or higher.
I hope to get a chance to interact with you all.

Happy to help...as I’m sure most of the others in here will be.

I served as a story editor on a documentary a couple years ago...

I'm sure you'll have plenty of people willing to help. Just never begin a question with the phrase "What kind of plane..." -- no matter what the question actually is, it'll get out of hand quickly. :)

@Anthony Henslee ... let us know which corner of the world you call your own. There might be a PoA person in your back yard.

PS. Happy Birthday next week.

I really appreciate the response. Thank you all. Boerne, TX is home.

I really appreciate the response. Thank you all. Boerne, TX is home.
I was down that way a few weeks ago!

If Dallas area is close enough, myself and a few others up here might be able to help.

Has anyone heard of Jacob Brodbeck? I have found pretty convincing documentation that he flew a glider twice in 1865. Part of this documentary will be rebuilding his design based on photos and attempt to fly it to prove he was able to do it.

Has anyone heard of Jacob Brodbeck? I have found pretty convincing documentation that he flew a glider twice in 1865. Part of this documentary will be rebuilding his design based on photos and attempt to fly it to prove he was able to do it.
I’m not sure anyone disputes that gliders flew before the wright flier in 1903. The accomplishment there was sustained, powered flight.

Good evening all. Newbie here to the forum. I am a film maker and aviation enthusiast. I am producing a documentary about early flight and wanted to find out if there was anyone interested in helping out with some questions I may have as I build this film?
One of my goals as part of this project is to earn a Sport Pilot Certification or higher.
I hope to get a chance to interact with you all.
Welcome to POA

Absolutely. This in no way would attempt to change history or diminish any accomplishments. This is simply a story about a school teacher that wanted to fly and he did it, and did it in 1865.
And to put things in era perspective, 16 years before the gunfight outside the OK corral. Just about a man following a dream and accomplishing it. That being said, I would love to be able
to find an aviation expert that could guide the rebuild. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks again for all the feedback.

Yes, love the article. But this doc will just be about the man. Not in comparison to the Wrights. Just bringing light to something extraordinary that happened that early in time.

Jacob Brodbeck?!!!

HE OWES ME MONEY!! :mad:

Back