Newbie to ForeFlight

TheFB

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TheFB
I want to add a visual waypoint on a VFR flight. I’d like to overfly an airport in order to stay out of Bravo airspace. If I put it in the flight, it computes it as if I want to land there. How do I add it to my route but only as an overfly?

Just add an actual end point to the flight and then you can add all of the waypoints you want in between.

Apparently I have something cut off on my iPad. I just drug it on my phone and it is fine.

My DPE wants me to use what form of chart I will be using as a PPL (FF not paper). I needed to overfly something I can see, and put it on my flight without FF calculating me landing there.

Thanks.

I enter the origin airport and destination airport to get the magenta or whatever color line direct. Then I click on the line and drag it to areas I want to overfly to avoid places I don't want to be. FF only thinks you will land at the end point, not the intermediate points. I like to click it to land marks and use it as a chart looking for the landmarks as I fly, even though I know exactly where I am via the GPS. I like to try to keep my ded reckoning skills sharp.

I got it. Thanks for the help!

Simple just put in your initial airport of departure,and a final airport,even if it’s your departure airport,then insert the airport to overfly in between the. Foreflight doesn’t care if you are landing or not.

Back