Newbie here! Hello all!

Dave S.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
thetexan
Greetings all! Just came upon this forum and thought I might jump in.

Tex

You're over qualified for this forum, please leave.

;)

By the way, what the hell is a FAA ATC Cadre instructor?

Send you entry fees to Tom-D :)

By the way, what the hell is a FAA ATC Cadre instructor?

Where did you see that, or did Tex delete it already? o_O

Regardless, welcome Tex. Enjoy and jump in, **** these other guys! :D

Well...I am an FAA ATC Cadre instructor...I teach ATC students as well as instructors (instruct the instructors). And I removed the sig and post after a second thought since I want to make sure that I don't leave the impression that I am speaking for the FAA.

But that's my experience. I'm also a Texas DPS certified instructor for the handgun license to carry course and an NRA pistol instructor. I teach 5-string banjo, and have much experience and advice on taking naps.

So....there it is.

tex

Welcome Dave Tex.
I suspect you are going to fit in well here however, I fear the banjo thing is going to follow you around for awhile.
Metal Landing Calculator, Red Handle, and now AOA are pretty worn out. <- That will all make sense over time.

In the mean time: Buy a bonanza. You are wrong. Get a new CFI. Low wings. It may be legal but that doesn't make it safe. Call Dr. Bruce. Please delete.

Welcome to POA!

Welcome, Dave!
Where from in TX are you? Since you live here, you probably already know how big this place is. :) It takes a day to drive out of it in any direction. Takes just a few hours by plane. ;)

First thing that came to mind was Tex Ritter. Don't see that name too often.

Welcome!

I see the "village" is at it again... LOL!

Welcome.

Well...I am an FAA ATC Cadre instructor...I teach ATC students as well as instructors (instruct the instructors)...

You just threw me off with the "Cadre" part. I teach ATC students and instructors as well but I never considered myself part of a cadre. I thought they did most the FAA teaching stuff in Oklahoma City.

Well...I am an FAA ATC Cadre instructor...I teach ATC students as well as instructors (instruct the instructors). And I removed the sig and post after a second thought since I want to make sure that I don't leave the impression that I am speaking for the FAA.

But that's my experience. I'm also a Texas DPS certified instructor for the handgun license to carry course and an NRA pistol instructor. I teach 5-string banjo, and have much experience and advice on taking naps.

So....there it is.

tex
Renaissance Man- awesome. Welcome!

Howdy Tex!! Welcome to POA

Welcome!!

You'll get lots of friendly advice here. Most of it will be wrong. Except for "more right rudder," of course.

Just try to take everything with a grain of salt. Plus a lick of lime and a shot of tequila.

Welcome! At least one thing is true on this site- you'll get a LOT of different opinions from perspectives you never knew existed! Just take the average of everything said and enjoy!

Welcome Davy.....I hope you have a thick skin. You will need it here....

AOA = Arguments of America ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You just threw me off with the "Cadre" part. I teach ATC students and instructors as well but I never considered myself part of a cadre. I thought they did most the FAA teaching stuff in Oklahoma City.

They sent me to OKC to certify so that I could teach the OJTI courses either in house or for other facilities. Easier than sending everyone to OKC.

tex

Back