Newbe

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by John A Krumrine, Nov 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. John A Krumrine

    John A Krumrine Filing Flight Plan

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2019
    Messages:
    5
    Location:
    Boone, NC
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    JohnK
    I wish I would have found your web page about two and a half years ago. I'm now completing my Zenair Zodiac 601HD, and I'm sure I could have learned a lot from the wisdom/experience in these forums.

    I am retired Air Force and retired from Penn State University in 2006. I have always loved aviation and worked at Piper in the 1970's at both Lakeland and Vero Beach. It was always my desire to build my own airplane, and now I'm only a few months away from starting my testing and getting the plane signed off.

    I look forward to learning from all the great information provided by this group, and I also look forward to meeting some of you at flyins. I am located in Boone, NC, and hope to be airborne sometime in the spring of 2020. I look forward to being part of the organization.
     
  2. Ryanb

    Ryanb Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2010
    Messages:
    11,152
    Location:
    Tennessee
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Ryan
    Glad to have you aboard. Welcome!
     
  3. 455 Bravo Uniform

    455 Bravo Uniform En-Route

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2015
    Messages:
    3,103
    Location:
    KLAF
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    455 Bravo Uniform
  4. Stan Cooper

    Stan Cooper Cleared for Takeoff

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2017
    Messages:
    1,300
    Location:
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Stan Cooper
    Welcome to PoA, John. I'm also ex-Air Force (enlisted, only 4 years active duty, 1961-1965) and a Zenith CH601XL Zodiac owner.
     
  5. GRG55

    GRG55 Final Approach

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2015
    Messages:
    7,524
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Aztec Flyer
    Always a pleasure to welcome another pilot and airplane owner!

    Congrats on nearly completing the build. That takes a lot of discipline and dedication to achieve ownership that way. We'll look forward to seeing some posts on the project progress!

    BTW: :needpics:
     
  6. Scott@KTYR

    Scott@KTYR Pattern Altitude

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2013
    Messages:
    1,859
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Scott@KTYR
    WELCOME
     
  7. Salty

    Salty Final Approach PoA Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2016
    Messages:
    5,519
    Location:
    FL
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Salty
    I'm just going to call you a troll now and get it over with. ;) :D
     
    BrianNC likes this.
  8. frfly172

    frfly172 Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2008
    Messages:
    13,974
    Location:
    mass fla
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    ron keating
    Welcome.
     
  9. Half Fast

    Half Fast En-Route

    Joined:
    May 7, 2016
    Messages:
    4,669
    Location:
    Central Florida
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Half Fast
    Welcome! Grab a cup of coffee, pull up a keyboard, and join the skirmish. Glad to have you!
     
  10. Arbiter419

    Arbiter419 Cleared for Takeoff

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2008
    Messages:
    1,140
    Location:
    Central Pennsylvania
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    CAucker
    Welcome! Are you still local to PSU?
     
  11. Rushie

    Rushie Pattern Altitude

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Messages:
    2,105
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Rushie
    Welcome! We used to live just north of Boone. Gorgeous country.
     
  12. Crashnburn

    Crashnburn Line Up and Wait

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2018
    Messages:
    694
    Display Name:

    Display name:
    Crashnburn
    Pictures, or you're a troll. ;)
    Just kidding. Welcome. I'm sure you've heard the phrase, 90% of the project takes 90% of the time. The remaining 10% takes the other 90% of the time. Hope that's not the case with you.