New Year's destination???

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Rachel has brought up the idea of flying somewhere close for New Year's. Anybody have any ideas on somewhere to go within 1-2.5 hrs flight from central IA?

Chicago is definitely OUT considering the NFL in their infinite wisdom scheduled a night game in Chicago on New Year's. doh!

It doesn't have to be a big city/event, just somewhere to get away from home for a day/evening.

Any ideas?

-Chris

Crete, Nebraska? It looks like you'll get away from almost everything.

All kidding aside- Omaha looks like a large city. Also maybe Kansas City.

I'm still new enough out here that I don't know all this area has to offer- most of the interesting places are likely to be closed Jan 1 (Omaha Zoo, nature reserve near the Platte river with buffalo, SAC Museum).

Crete, Nebraska? It looks like you'll get away from almost everything.

All kidding aside- Omaha looks like a large city. Also maybe Kansas City.

I'm still new enough out here that I don't know all this area has to offer- most of the interesting places are likely to be closed Jan 1 (Omaha Zoo, nature reserve near the Platte river with buffalo, SAC Museum).

I actually interviewed for a job near Crete. After doing the research on the area, I'm REALLY glad I didn't take the job.

Omaha is a definite possibility. I've never been to KC except for driving through it, so I have absolutely NO idea of things to do there. We might just end up getting a hotel in DesMoines just so we can say that we didn't spend New Year's at home. ha!

-Chris

Fly out to visit us. We're in the Chicago area, but plan to have nothing to do with the game. You won't be anywhere near the stadium!

Oops. On second thought, while you're more than welcome, it might give your new instrument ticket a bit of a workout. For that matter, leaving IA at all might give it a workout. I should have remembered this from the discussion on Scott's thread.

Back