New White House petition

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
http://wh.gov/U8o

And please, let's try to keep this out of the Spin Zone. For those not interested in visiting the website, here's the petition:
"We petition the obama administration to: explain in detail, its continued push for a $100 per segment aviation user fee.

In the interest of transparency and in order to maintain a healthy aviation industry, we request that the White House explain how it calculated that a $100 per flight segment user fee is a fair contribution to fund FAA.
We further request an explanation of how the White House determined that the most effective method of collecting this user fee should be through a new, yet-to-be-developed taxing system, rather than the successful aviation fuel tax currently in place."

How long does it take to get the confirmation email? I created my account about 10 minutes ago and nothing yet.

Mine arrived in a few minutes.

Good God, these petitions are worth about as much as the TP in the OEOB.

laughing-smiley-male-smiley-laugh-smiley-emoticon-000288-facebook.gif

Sorry, they'll have a dandy explanation! :rofl:

I'd love to sign it.....but I am not about to create an account with WH.gov to do it. Not with this Big Brother government.

The reason I see such irony in this is, if there is one thing the Obama administration is good at, it's long, verbose and generally meaningless explanations. I've already been the recipient of at least one of those. I might ask them not to pursue user fees, but I would never ask them for an explanation of anything.

The reason I see such irony in this is, if there is one thing the Obama administration is good at, it's long, verbose and generally meaningless explanations. I've already been the recipient of at least one of those. I might ask them not to pursue user fees, but I would never ask them for an explanation of anything.
No kidding

I am sure signing this petition is going to do as much as all the other.
Some time we will get a letter from the White House telling us thank you but we really do not care what you think.

I suspect this will either be ignored, or more likely be ignored but the lack of a specific objection will be interpreted as support for the measure.

:nonod:

I suspect this will either be ignored, or more likely be ignored but the lack of a specific objection will be interpreted as support for the measure.

:nonod:

Yeah, I signed it because at least it brought up the fact that we already have an efficient mechanism of user fee collection in the fuel tax. But asking a politician to explain something is tantamount to asking to be harangued with talking points! :(

I would have liked to see the point made that a fixed fee per flight segment is unfair (and market-distorting) because it is the same regardless of the length of the flight, which is an issue that fuel taxes deal with automatically.

Asking for an explanation = doing nothing

That said, it is a logical step, since the petition to stop pursuing user fees generated a long, verbose and generally meaningless explanation.

Back