New Virgin America safety video

Is that what the public has become? people have to be "entertained" by that kind of crap?

Sorry, But I couldn't make myself watch more than 10 seconds of it . :mad2: :rolleyes2: :confused: :hairraise: :eek: :lol::lol: .

My computer doesn't have sound (or maybe I turned it off), but from the visuals alone, I think my head is going to burst. Bad, bad, bad.

It might be cute, and it might be entertaining to some. However, anyone who hasn't flown before, most over the age of 60-ish and anyone not a native English speaker will be COMPLETELY lost.

...I couldn't make myself watch more than 10 seconds of it...

Well, that's five seconds more attention than frequent fliers give to boring live briefings. I thought it was novel and fun, and perfectly in keeping with the company's brand.

It's perfect...if you're under 18 and ADHD.

Personally, I don't want to be entertained during the briefing. I want the right to ignore the stupid thing while it's being done live, like normal people.

2 comments:

I'm flying the wrong airline (AAL)... the FA's never look that hip

We need a version of this using Crow and Tom Robot of MST3K as commentators.

mst3ksilhouette.png

Last edited:
Sorry, But I couldn't make myself watch more than 10 seconds of it . :mad2: :rolleyes2: :confused: :hairraise: :eek: :lol::lol: .
Neither could I. But I don't make it through a lot of videos. At least I opened this one. :D

I thought it was decent... I agree that if this only captures your attention for 10 seconds, that's at least 5 seconds longer than at most competitor's safety videos. Not my taste of music, but though I'm closer to 50 than I am to 40 and I don't follow any emerging fashions I found it entertaining enough to not shout "get off my lawn!"

Wow, too many old fogies on this forum. I thought it was kinda cool, and an ingenious way to do free advertising and branding for the airline. I suppose I'll need to change my own preflight brief to keep up with the times!

Wow, too many old fogies on this forum. I thought it was kinda cool, and an ingenious way to do free advertising and branding for the airline. I suppose I'll need to change my own preflight brief to keep up with the times!

You can always borrow mine: "Sit down, shut up, and don't touch anything!"

-Rich

If I was flying the airline once or twice, I'd find this OK. But after a few times it would just be tedious.

When Delta came out with their humorous safety briefing videos a year ago I thought they were funny. But after sitting through them 80 or 100 times, ugh.

You guys are missing one key fact: this is fun, entertaining, and "hip." That happens to be Virgin America's brand....if you don't connect with this, you're probably not in VA's demographic anyway.

Back