(New video posted) Garmin Virb over NYC

phillipny

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
phillipny
We made a new wing-tip video flying from KWST to 3N6 (Rhode Island to NJ with the Garmin Virb via Long Island Sound)

The Bravo shelf in this airspace is very low, you'll see the altitude go down to almost 400' which is for the arriving traffic at JFK. If you look closely you will see some of the jets pass above the camera.

The virb camera continues to perform perfectly. The data it captures is a perfect addition to a great image-stabilized product they came out with.

More videos coming soon

http://switchboxcontrol.com/news/20...nj-with-the-garmin-virb-via-long-island-sound

20140204_GPS_MapFlight.jpg

Very nice video. And cute puppy hah. I have a couple sidebar questions:

1. Method used for mounting/securing the camera on the wing? Any details?
2. The passenger/door window with the larger fold-down plexi window section - who constructed that, and is is standard, or field approval, or? I am looking at doing the same thing in my Warrior for photo purposes. How well does it work out in flight? Experiences?

Thanks!

greg

Neat video, seems like it got a little blurry near the end (left side).

I think I'd buy the Virb if it included a ND filter to reduce prop distortion. Nice video Phillip!

Hey guys,

1) My photo window was a custom Field Approval job
2) Mount is another custom job I made, screws into wing tip screw hole
3) It did get blurry at the end! Looks like the humidity went up on the descent/approach
4) I believe Garmin makes lens adapters for ND, Diving, etc

Ordered and we just installed it

p

Great Video!

P.S. Free ND filter, turn the FPS up above 60fps and ala-ka-zam!

Its got 120fps on it, so ill try that too

Its got 120fps on it, so ill try that too

If it can record that fast then you should probably get some good slow mo' out of it to.

I want a Virb. I thought there was supposed to be an aviation version soon. Will wait a little longer.

David

Back