New US/Canada Airport Database for Pilots

Michael Colley

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Michaelc136
Hey guys, I just created an FAA Airport database on my site. This database contains every airport in the US and a few territories in Canada. I'm looking for feedback from pilots on the information provided.

https://www.aeroavion.com/airport-search/

Let me know what you think or if there is any info you may find yourself seeking! Thanks
2708.png

Hey guys, I just created an FAA Airport database on my site. This database contains every airport in the US and a few territories in Canada. I'm looking for feedback from pilots on the information provided.

Let me know what you think or if there is any info you may find yourself seeking! Thanks
2708.png
You're welcome to add data from my ourairports.com if you'd like. It's global and community-maintained, so you probably wouldn't want to overwrite data from the FAA database, but you can fill in missing airports that way. It's all open data.

You're welcome to add data from my ourairports.com if you'd like. It's global and community-maintained, so you probably wouldn't want to overwrite data from the FAA database, but you can fill in missing airports that way. It's all open data.

It is a pleasure to virtually meet! I actually used some of your resources to develop! The FAA database was fairly comprehensive except it lacked in ICAO ids and Communications - so most if not all of those values are provided from ourairports.com.

I didn't know you guys had more US airports than the FAA database so I will check to see what additions you guys offer as well.

Currently testing server capabilities until I'm ready to go worldwide.

I'm currently working on a resources section and you guys are currently on it. It Will be published soon, Thank you for creating such a helpful resource!

It is a pleasure to virtually meet! I actually used some of your resources to develop! The FAA database was fairly comprehensive except it lacked in ICAO ids and Communications - so most if not all of those values are provided from ourairports.com.

I didn't know you guys had more US airports than the FAA database so I will check to see what additions you guys offer as well.

Currently testing server capabilities until I'm ready to go worldwide.

I'm currently working on a resources section and you guys are currently on it. It Will be published soon, Thank you for creating such a helpful resource!
My pleasure. I created OurAirports when the U.S. shut down public access to the global DAFIF dataset (due, rumour has it, to objections from Australia to the U.S. giving away stuff they were trying to sell). I haven't been able to invest as much time in it lately as I'd like, but the contributors keep it going.

When an airport directory doesn't list the airport in the town I type in, and says a private ultralight flight park is available "for all my transportation needs", I'd say it still needs some work...

2708.png

Just curious how this might compare to airnav?

When an airport directory doesn't list the airport in the town I type in, and says a private ultralight flight park is available "for all my transportation needs", I'd say it still needs some work...
Which database is that? If it's comment spam in OurAirports, let me know, and I can remove it.

Back