New to the forum

Douglas Allan Lee

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Doug
I was searching for airplane partnership opportunities and happened upon this site. Found a group in Punta Gorda discussing forming a plane partnership that piqued my interest. I used to be an ultralight instructor under the old exemption to the FAR's allowing training in heavy two seat ultralights. I instructed in both 3 axis and weight shift aircraft. That loophole was done away with in favor of Sport Pilot. I would like to get back into aviation after being out of it for quite some time and thought some form of partnership, club, or fractional ownership would be the least expensive way for me to build my hours toward the Sport Pilot certificate and have a plane to fly for minimal monthly costs due to shared ownership and expenses. If there are any other like minded individuals out there I would be interested in hearing from you. Thanks for allowing me to join your forum.

Welcome!
Always nice to start the New Year hearing about folks wanting to fly more!
Good luck in your search for a suitable partnership.

Welcome aboard, Douglas Allan Lee!

Welcome! I’m in Haines City, near Winter Haven. Just finished my SP certificate in November. Glad to have another Sport guy here! Grab a cup of coffee and join in!

BTW - there’s a light sport expo in Sebring the third weekend in January. It’d be a good opportunity for you to learn more and look at a lot of LSAs.

Welcome to PoA!
Now run as fast as you can away from this place. Seriously. RUN!

J/K
But be sure to put on some thick skin and use common sense while sifting through posts.

Back