New to the Blue Board

RossFischer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Flyin Fisch
Hey Guys, some of you might recognize my name from the Red Board. I don't post there often, though, mainly because I don't have that much knowledge, and people beat me to witty comments. (I'm an avid reader, though!) Anyways, I'm a 47 hour private pilot (I think that qualifies as newly minted) that's always looking for good stories and experiences, and I think I can find that here. Who knows, maybe someday I might be able to shed a little insight :rolleyes:.

I'll hopefully see you guys ('n gals) around!

Ross Fischer

Welcome!! You just re-calibrated me in the passage of time. I don't feel like I've lived here very long but someone born the same year I bought this house already has a pilots license!!! Congrats on having whatever it takes to get there so fast.

Hey Guys, some of you might recognize my name from the Red Board. I don't post there often, though, mainly because I don't have that much knowledge, and people beat me to witty comments. (I'm an avid reader, though!) Anyways, I'm a 47 hour private pilot (I think that qualifies as newly minted) that's always looking for good stories and experiences, and I think I can find that here. Who knows, maybe someday I might be able to shed a little insight :rolleyes:.

Ross Fischer

47 hours and you've got your private? That's pretty impressive. Did you train at a Part 141 school?

oh, and welcome to you Ross.

Hey Ross, Welcome to the greatest pilot community on earth. I think you will like it here. Join right in and feel at home.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Steve, I trained at a 141 school (Cessna Pilot Center) and did the Cessna multimedia ground instruction. I trained on a G1000 172, as well as several hours in conventional gauges.

It worked well for me, took my checkride at 43 hours. It helped that I could fly 3 times a week during the summer, I was doing a ground course that night, and the next day waking up and flying what was covered. It really worked for me.

Welcome to POA, Ross. Plenty of Oklahomans here. I fly out of F29, Page Field. C'mon by sometime.

Ross Fischer

Congrats, and welcome!

Ross,

Welcome to POA and CONGRATS on the recent PPL!!!!

I remember your name from VERT ?? yes? no?

Gary, Yep...same guy. Are you still in the mix with Rob? I need to catch up with him sometime!

Thanks guys!

Welcome, Ross!
Look forward to meeting you in person at one of the fly-ins we do. I think Prickett-Grooms is next, on Labor Day weekend.

Back