New to Site, Training for Sport Pilot!

MDeitch1976

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MattCanFly
Hello Everyone,

My name is Matt. I have been taking lessons at the Gaithersburg Airpark in MD, or GAI. I have been learning in the Piper Sport LSA. It is a fun little plane. I have a few hours in a 172. I decided to start out after my Sport License. This way I can start flying back an forth to my Sister's home up around the Amish parts of PA. I will then continue on for my Private, and the long journey for an Instrument rating. I have had my first Solo, and did solo one time after that. This coming weekend, weather permitting, should be starting my cross country training.

I look forward to talking to people on here for knowledge. I will keep you updated on my training status. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And, if you are around my area say hit me up.

Welcome Matt!

Make sure your dual time is with a full CFI rather than an LSA CFI. That way, the time will count toward your Private.

Enjoy and keep us posted.

Welcome! Best of luck to you! Let me know if you're ever over on the Eastern Shore (I fly from Bay Bridge Airport, W29).

Welcome! (Beat Tracey, so now she owes me M&Ms)

The PiperSport is a fun little airplane.

I'm a local (Northern VA), so if you ever have questions or need help otherwise, just post here or PM me. I also suggest the DC Pilots mailing list (email, not forums like these) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dcpilots/.

Best wishes,

Hello Everyone,

My name is Matt. I have been taking lessons at the Gaithersburg Airpark in MD, or GAI. I have been learning in the Piper Sport LSA. It is a fun little plane. I have a few hours in a 172. I decided to start out after my Sport License. This way I can start flying back an forth to my Sister's home up around the Amish parts of PA. I will then continue on for my Private, and the long journey for an Instrument rating. I have had my first Solo, and did solo one time after that. This coming weekend, weather permitting, should be starting my cross country training.

I look forward to talking to people on here for knowledge. I will keep you updated on my training status. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And, if you are around my area say hit me up.

Most excellent, keep plugging. If you have the money to do, you have a mission that makes GA shine. If I get an Amphib, I can taxi up to my folks place in Tampa Bay. As it is I've got the Dali runway 5 minutes away.:rolleyes:

Thank you for the big welcome.
The flight school I am at, all the CFIs are full CFIs. I am covered as far as being able to move onto my Private. I can not wait until the time I get to fly into the airport near my Sister's home, and my nephew gets to see me getting out of the plane.

Welcome to POA!

+1 re: dcpilots. See you in the pattern at GAI.

Welcome! Best of luck to you! Let me know if you're ever over on the Eastern Shore (I fly from Bay Bridge Airport, W29).

W29 is on my list of airports I must fly too. Been passing that field for years going to the beach. What's it like coming in over the water?

KGAI eh? Don't squak 1200 and welcome.

W29 is on my list of airports I must fly too. Been passing that field for years going to the beach. What's it like coming in over the water?

Absolutely fantastic. I can't think of much that beats short final for 11 at W29. Check out the attached picture of one of Chesapeake Sport Pilot's Eaglets coming in at sunset. Gorgeous. Whenever I take people up, they always get a kick out of flying over the Bay Bridge on base if we're landing 11.

Attachments

• w29final.jpg
    w29final.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 17
Back