New to me 310I

Thanks. There are gems hidden behind the closed hangar doors but hard to find. I do not mind having a ratty interior at least for a while if the air frame is solid. Also like to have an old panel so I can upgrade the way I want. Search continues
Good time to get into a twin though because market will start heating up soon

A sample of a cleaned up functioning panel on a budget

Attachments

• IMG_9959.JPG
    IMG_9959.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9967.JPG
    IMG_9967.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9968.JPG
    IMG_9968.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 33
Mine is a 1964 I with IO 470 U engines. I have read this was a very good engine. Before 1964 the exhaust went over the wing causing corrosion issues. 64 and up to I believe 68 used augmentor tubes to draw the exhaust under the wing and draw air thru the engine to cool it and not require cowl flaps. I think all 310s are good designs. Finding one that has been flown regularly and taken care of is the challenge. The older ones that I came across had newer paint and interiors than ones that were in the 1970s. Mine has a nice newer paint job and a new leather interior. It showed me that the owner cared and had pride of ownership. What good is a glass panel with a ratty interior that your wife, or girlfriend, won't want to be seen in. My plane was upgraded with new and newer steam gauges that I arranged on a panel that I manufactured myself. The engines are strong and it took about 3 months to shake the bugs out so I can just get in and go. Good luck with your search. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards
Kevin

There was a discussion about dispatch rate on the Twin Comanche vs Cirrus thread. Frankly, I think yours is a reasonable approach one can take to get perfectly acceptable dispatch rates in our older airplanes - deal with each system and bring it up to a reliable standard.

That doesn't have to entail ripping out everything and replacing it with the latest solid state gizmos from "G". For those that adhere to a "don't fix it if it ain't broke" approach you'll spend as much, but it will be spread out over more time, and you'll have fewer squawk-free days each year.

Back