New to flying...again

Butch

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Butch
Hello everyone...
Looking forward to starting the flight training journey...again.
Both of the parents were recreational pilots. I started flying at a very young age( evergreen flying service, Vancouver Wa.) and continued until I was 16 years old. Accumulated alot of dual training time and close to 40 hours of solo time.
I decided to get back into flying after a 30 year pause(Lol)...
I do have a few questions about the changes in training. Most of my hours were accumulated at a uncontrolled field(evergreen). This time around I'm planning on acquiring my instrument rating.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this and am looking forward to any insight into the processes of training in the 21st century..

Butch C.

Just finished up my 3 rd class medical..
Next project...finding a CFI near Boeing field...

Hello everyone...
Both of the parents were recreational pilots. I started flying at a very young age( evergreen flying service, Vancouver Wa.)
Butch C.

Evergreen Field, 59S? That's where I started my training, in a Cessna 150 back in 1991.

I was a fairly newly-minted PPL when I quit flying in 1976 with 75 total hours. Picked it up again 34 years later in 2010. I found this forum to be a help getting back up to speed. Another thing that helped me a lot was watching aviation-related videos that I would pick up cheap in VHS format on eBay. 2010 was pretty much not too much going on with YouTube. These days there's tons of great material on YouTube that you can watch to get back up to speed.

If I was anywhere in your area: https://www.theflightacademy.com/

All the news sounds good, just won instructors of the year (or something), and more. Not affiliated. But I am a Cirrus fanboy.

Hello Jestro....Yes...evergreen field....millplane road..
Did you have a chance to fly with Wally Olson?...

Not Jestro, but I also had Wally as my primary instructor in the Champ. I chose the Champ as it was almost always available. He'd be in the backseat and eat sunflower seeds, and dump the shells over the encroaching development on climbout. Great fun.

Hello flyer770...that brings back memories...
Wally ever fall asleep during a lesson?...:)

Welcome back! Is KRNT close enough? I'll plug www.rainierflightservice.com. They have a big stable of aircraft from 172s to cirrussessess.

befa.org seems to have a great reputation to, and even have a Beech Sierra to rent. That's the second best airplane to the Bo' according to everyone on this here forum.

Hello everyone...
Both of the parents were recreational pilots. I started flying at a very young age( evergreen flying service, Vancouver Wa.) and continued until I was 16 years old. Accumulated alot of dual training time and close to 40 hours of solo time.
I do have a few questions about the changes in training. Most of my hours were accumulated at a uncontrolled field(evergreen). This time around I'm planning on acquiring my instrument rating.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this and am looking forward to any insight into the processes of training in the 21st century..

Butch C.

I too just returned from flying from a 30+ years absence. It will be worth it... enjoy the process.

Welcome back! Is KRNT close enough? I'll plug www.rainierflightservice.com. They have a big stable of aircraft from 172s to cirrussessess.

befa.org seems to have a great reputation to, and even have a Beech Sierra to rent. That's the second best airplane to the Bo' according to everyone on this here forum.

I did my private with Rainier and felt it was good, professional instruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Jestro....Yes...evergreen field....millplane road..
Did you have a chance to fly with Wally Olson?...

I never did meet Wally, unfortunately. And I would have much rather learned in a Champ then the 150. Oh well.

Hello everyone...

Butch C.

I'm in exactly the same situation. Got my ticket in 1987 and didn't really fly much after that. I've had 3 training flights with an instructor and hope to take my check off ride today. I also plan on getting my Instrument and Commercial tickets.

Back