New Tailwheel Pilot

Ohhhh yeah...

The brakes remind me of Road Bike brakes, which merely slow the wheel a bit from time to time as you navigate around the obstacle.

Reminds me of a Peter Egan quote about a 1957 MG TC's brakes "They throw a wet blanket on the long term progress of the car."

John

great!

old non flap airplanes generally have very powerful slips. its fun. i think my glider will yaw about 20 degrees with full rudder at approach speed. down we go.

that oleo strut thing really bugged me when i first flew an older citabria.

When I did my glider transition checkride in the L-13 Blanik. I ended up coming in high (even with full spoiler) for the spot landing. I could see I was high and knew I needed to do something.

I hadn't slipped the Blanik much before but figured the physics where the same as the C-152's I had been flying that I slipped a lot. So I tried slipping the Blanik just like I did the C-152, that is pedal to the floor. That is when I learned that the Blanik has more rudder than a C-152 has vertical fin area, it seemed like we turned 90 degrees to the runway. It worked and I landing on my intended spot, but was bit more exciting than I had planned on.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

yea, the "im not sure if im in the air or on the ground" feature

Dan, I am sort of confused. Did you get the endorsement? How much time did it take? Do you feel proficient in both three point and wheel landings? Just wondering.

Also, has that Lyc been changed out for a Continental? Those Lycs are kind of rare these days. For good reason, IMO.:D

Dan, I am sort of confused. Did you get the endorsement? How much time did it take? Do you feel proficient in both three point and wheel landings? Just wondering.

Also, has that Lyc been changed out for a Continental? Those Lycs are kind of rare these days. For good reason, IMO.:D

Endorsement? Yes
About 4 hours
Proficient? Enough to start learning.

Still have the Lyc -- so far, so good!

Ohhhh yeah...

The brakes remind me of Road Bike brakes, which merely slow the wheel a bit from time to time as you navigate around the obstacle.

Congratulations! :cheerswine:

And remember toe brakes are for sissies! :D

Deb

Back