New Supersonic Jet?

Interesting. "Early stages of development" and "first flight early next year" seem to be a bit conflicting... Having personally experienced a few aerospace development projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If it's not Boeing, I'm not going"

How many automotive and aerospace companies have we witnessed over the decades that launch into a seriously challenging project and rather quickly it becomes clear they have nowhere near enough access to capital to properly fund the development. How much do Boeing or Airbus spend on development and certification of a new model? The A380, B777, B787, etc. Yeesh.

Not sure I'm a fan of the name. I don't want to be on a plane that goes boom. :D

I am sure there are a couple of MBAs paying themselves good salaries of the venture capital they are collecting with this.

It's great that somebody is trying this again, but I hope the do not forget the things that really destroyed the Concord. Yes, the plane had the one terrible accident, but it was mainly the cost of running the plane. When you are forced to charge more than first class prices for economy seats, and are unable to figure out a way to get your volume up and running costs down, the plane is almost doomed to go boom. :p

Remember there is a reason that there are about 13,500 (including those ordered) Boeing 737's (the most successful passenger plane of all time) VS the 14 Concords that were in the commercial fleet.

Last edited:
Back